“Tours for people who don't do tours”

Stretch-A-Leg Travel-Day Tour
Ranked #71 of 380 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Stretch-a-leg Travel specializes in historical walking tours in Beijing, hiking at the wild Great Wall and original villages around Beijing, and trips to unique destinations around China.We combine Chinese history, knowledge, and the culture expertise of locals with a commitment to international levels of professionalism and customer service.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tours for people who don't do tours”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We travel a lot and wouldn't normally go for a guided tour but needed help accessing some out-of-the-way hutongs as part of a research project. Stretch-a-leg were incredibly responsive and thoughtful, helping to tailor a walking tour that was exactly what we were looking for - and more. Our guide Tony was extremely knowledgable and interesting, but also unassuming and a pleasure to spend time with. Rather than him reciting information, the whole day was like a fascinating extended conversation which brought in local people we met along the way. We enjoyed it so much we booked another straight away. We wouldn't hesitate recommending Stretch-a-leg to anyone interested in really understanding Beijing - even people who wouldn't normally think of going on a tour.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Finn W

Hernando, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beijing with Henry”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed the professional and personal attention of Henry from Stretch-A-Leg Tours for three full days in Beijing. What an experience it was! It more than met our expectations on every level. Henry not only showed us all the typical things, but taught us how to dine out, how to use the subway, and in general manage on our own for the days after our contract was finished. I would recommend him and Stretch-A-Leg tours in a heart beat.

1 Thank Luvz2travel_13
Beijing, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Outstanding "insider's" view of Beijing- totally worth the cost!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Stretch-a-leg tour was easily the best tour I have taken anywhere. Tony is a Beijing native who tailors his tours to fit your exact interests and needs. He worked with me in advance to make sure that I was satisfied with the itinerary he created, and took care of every little detail, including helping me to obtain a birthday cake for a friend. Tony was thoughtful, fun, and full of interesting facts and information. I learned a tremendous amount and saw parts of Beijing I would never find on my own, even though I speak Chinese. I could not have asked for a better experience.

1 Thank Ori_Y_D
The Central Coast, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worth every dollar!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My partner and I trekked the "wild" section of the great wall with Jonathan and the whole experience was out of this world! We could not recommend it enough. Jonathan was an amazing guide who spoke perfect English and had so much knowledge of Chinese history and the Great Wall, we couldn't have asked for a more friendly/ knowledgeable guide. Jonathan set the pace of the trek to our level making it an enjoyable experience rather than a physically painful one! We had a private car, private tour guide, saw minimal people on the wall, asked as many questions as we liked, got to stop and take photo's whenever we pleased and ate our lunch sitting on the wall basking in all it's glory. My partner and I agreed it was well worth the money to undertake a private trip with Stretch-A-leg.
Stretch-A-Leg were very efficient and friendly from the quoting process through to the follow up after our tour, we highly recommend Stretch-A-Leg to everyone and will certainly be encouraging our family and friends to use them when they visit Beijing.

2 Thank Feliciarose
Beijing
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Tour - tailored to your needs”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Spending a day with SaL tours is a fantastic way to see Beijing in a way that meets your interests. Our guide, Tony, carefully tailored the itinerary to meet our needs in the days before the actual tour. During the tour, he answered all of our questions, introduced us to different sides of the city, and entertained diversions as they came up. The tours work for China novices and experienced Beijingers alike. Highly recommended.

1 Thank BrianG565