“The True Taste of Beijing Roast Duck”

BeiJing XiangManLou Restaurant (XinYuan)
Ranked #199 of 13,216 Restaurants in Beijing
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Reviewed November 14, 2016

While Quanjude is for visitors / tourists coming to Beijing from other China cities, and Dadong is for rich people / businessmen / tourists coming to Beijing from other countries, this Xiangmanlou is for true Beijing Roast Duck lovers. The quality is super, taste is true irresistible, and the expense is true cost effective. The most important, good service.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed October 30, 2016

This restaurant located nearby our hotel and we decided to give it a try. The restaurant was quite full when we were there. The service was prompt and friendly. We ordered half of Peking duck, black pepper beef, egg plant and 2 beers. The Peking duck was delicious and we enjoyed it. On the other hand, the beef was too oily and the eggplant was too sweet. Not sure why sugar is being used to cook eggplant?! The beer was good though. Price is reasonable.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed August 31, 2016

A meal we will never forget. Not fancy, but authentic, delicious, and great service. It was a treat to watch cart after cart coming out from kitchen, duck carved and plated for each person. We didn't want to leave the "Great Show" and gastronomic delight.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 22, 2016

It does not look fancy from outside, but it is one of the best restaurants in Beijing in my humble opinion. My parents recommended the restaurant to me 16 years ago when I first came back to Beijing. Now they are living on the other side of the pond, but the restaurant is still a must-go for them every time they come back. My family went there almost every Sunday when we were living downtown. We still go there a few times a year. My wife and my kids all love the food there - such unison is rare in my family. The restaurant has kept on the good quality and the flavor. Maintaining a standard for decades is by itself rare to be found in China.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 4, 2016

As being in Beijing for more than 8 years, I trust this restaurant. The price, the quality, were all so much better than some of the most famous restaurants in Beijing. There's many recommended dish, but the best dish would be the Peking duck.

Date of visit: June 2016

Been to BeiJing XiangManLou Restaurant (XinYuan)? Share your experiences!