“Total Comfort”

Ranked #169 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Total Comfort”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This boutique hotel beats the five stars with warm personality, quiet, and comfort. It's tucked in the back corner of the 798 Art District, making it a bit difficult for taxi drivers to find it. The bed is the most comfortable I've ever had in China. The breakfast is ordered, with some buffet. The bathroom is larger, cleaner, and more efficient than 5 star hotels. And the price is lower. I'll be staying here when I return to Beijing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Jui K, General Manager at Geruisi Art Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear 205PaulT,
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you so much for taking time to write the wonderful feedback. We remain committed to deliver genuine care and comfort to all our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sincerely yours,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Grace is one of those special places where one can seek solace from Beijing's frantic pace. The decor here blends bold contemporary design with interesting traditional pieces, while comfortable furnishings and practical amenities allow guests to be efficient while unwinding. I had the pleasure of spending the night while on a quick business trip from Shanghai, and from the moment I stepped in the door I felt at home. I arrived around midnight and was treated to a glass of Champagne at reception. I then sunk into one of the most decadent beds I've ever slept in and breakfast served until 10:30am the next day meant I could relax and work on the sunny terrace while enjoying my cappuccino in the morning. When checking out I inquired about a nearby spa where I could get a manicure. The receptionist not only made me an appointment but also gave me a coupon I could use before the door man promptly hailed me a taxi and told the driver where to go. For those of you who haven't been to China, that level of personalized service here is rare and was very much appreciated. Fast, free wifi, friendly staff and fabulous spaces make Grace a place I'll return often.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The Grace is a cute, boutique type hotel in the heart of Beijing's hipster 798 Art District. Very pleasant but lacks the real personal touches and attention a cool hotel of this size should have. Because of its remote location - it is NOT on the metro and depending on traffic the TAXI ride to the nearest metro stop can take anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes. Bus lines are erratic. AS for personal touches ... the photocopied metro map provided was so outdated it did not include the new line that opened in the past year. The heating/aircon system never worked right and it was so hot in the room we had to request a change across the hall. All in all fine if you want a couple of days to explore the 798 but not the hotel you want if you plan to see the rest of Beijing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chuckm2003
Jui K, General Manager at Geruisi Art Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear chuckm2003,
Thank you for sharing your feedback – we are pleased to hear you had a pleasant experience at Grace Beijing. We are indeed located in the 798/751 Art and Design district which is between 4th and 5th rings, and one would have to allow slightly more travelling time to see the city depending on traffic throughout the day. As you point out, the majority of our guests appreciate our location for the buzz of the art district and the unique insight into the Chinese art scene. With regards to the map and the air conditioning – please do accept my sincere apologies for this inconvenience. The issues have been noted and we are working to resolve them right now.
We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to Beijing!
Kind regards,
Jui Kretzu
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014

So 'in the know' this is such a fantastic place. I love the dark décor, discretely camp graphics and beautiful floors. From the exterior its so discrete that taxi drivers cant find it, and inside is minimalist, restrained and finely detailed design - even the (Chinese) staff are beautiful people who speak English with a slight Swiss lisp.

Bar is stocked with the best drinks - someone knows their stuff. A G&T with Hendricks gin comes with cucumber, I imagine Bombay sapphire G&T has lemon etc.

Restaurant is WELL expensive, but the meals are actually bloody good - this isn't poncy nibbles.

Complaints? well I am very picky, design is my business and yet I love everything.

Best thing ? the staff are superb - and I mean Singapore Airlines standard - but COOL. If the manager reads this, then give the staff a decent bonus for Chinese new year.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful experience staying at the Grace Hotel in Beijilng.
Our son and his family live in Beijing near to the Grace so we initially chose this hotel for it's location. The hotel is located in the 798 Arts District in Beijing, a great place to hang out in this huge city.
Everyone working at the hotel is courteous, friendly, and welcoming. We stayed for two weeks and during that time we were treated like family. The Grace Hotel became our home away from home.
The hotel is beautiful, modern, with a great little gym containing a treadmill, stationary bike, and weights.The Grace has a fantastic restaurant with a world class chef, Christian Hoffman, a lovely and gracious general manager, Jui Kretzu who welcomed us and really made us feel at home.
We look forward to staying at the Grace many times when we return to Beijing. This hotel is excellent, the best place to stay in Beijing.
Margee and Wayne Ragland
Auburn, Alabama USA

Room Tip: The Grace is a small hotel. All of the rooms seemed excellent.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel is simply outstanding. It is located within the 798 district and the modern and unique decor fits in perfectly to the surrounding neighborhood. The service was the best I received in China. The staff was incredibly professional and friendly both at the front desk, and at the restaurant and bar. The food and drinks were excellent (though expensive). The room was modern and sophisticated, yet comfortable - the bed was terrific! There was a bit of noise late at night related to the ongoing Mercedes Fashion Week, but it faded after some time and I slept with no problem. The first room I was assigned was also a bit smokey, despite the fact that all rooms are non-smoking, but I was quickly moved to a room down the hall that was fresh and clean and had no smell of smoke. You are within walking distance to all of the galleries, restaurants, cafes and gift shops. The Grace Beijing is a unique gem in this capital city. I highly recommend it and look forward to returning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Grace Beijing is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The hotel is nicely decorated and I loved the art they have on the walls. I Wish I had the art on my walls back home in Sweden.
When we checked in we were greeted by a big smile, plenty of burning candels and a glass of prosecco. Our stay could not have started better.

We stayed in a deluxe room, which was very spacious with a sofa, armchairs and one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. The bedding was absolutely wonderful, and I liked the small details, like the fragrant bag lying on the pillow and hanging on the door handle.

The bathroom was not the biggest, but there was a large bathtub. I also liked their toiletries that included everything from a toothbrush to a stone to scrub your feet with. The soap smelled fantastic, and the towels were large and very soft. Grace has really succeeded with those little extra details that make you feel like a prince. Comfortable robes and slippers that were comfortable to wear in the evening.

The best thing about the hotel was the breakfast. An a la carte breakfast with great food, and super friendly staff who spoke very good English. To begin with, we got a small fruit plate, then came a bread basket with several kinds of bread, the best thing was the eggs! Along with the meal we were served freshly made coffee, juice and there was proscecco for those who wanted.

The hotel is located in Beijing's art district, and we just loved the area. The area has many nice little shops and cafes and it was really nice to relax there after a busy day in the city. The distance from the center was no problem whatsoever. Taxis are incredibly cheap and was easy to get. Just make sure that the front desk will help you with writing down directions on chineese because no driver speaks English.

The food in the restaurant is also very good. We ate a three-course at the conclusion of our 4-week Asian holiday and we got to eat everything that we missed from Europe and tasted really good while the food was presented in a very nice way.

I will definitely stay here again next time I visit Beijing!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jui K, General Manager at Geruisi Art Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear NiklasKarlsson,
We are thrilled to learn that you have enjoyed the stay at Grace Beijing to round up your Asia Holiday recently. Your detailed feedback is full of keen observations and it is extremely valuable and rewarding to all of us, as we continue to improve the service and strive to exceed our guests' expectations.
We wish you a great remainder of the year and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Sincerely yours,