“The Best Tour Company In China”
Review of Catherine Lu Tours

Catherine Lu Tours
Book In Advance
$65.00*
and up
Private Classic Beijing Tour: Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and Summer Palace
$57.00*
Private Mutianyu Great Wall Day Trip from Beijing
$80.00*
and up
Private Cultural Day Tour: Hutong Rickshaw Ride, Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden...
Ranked #1 of 392 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Catherine Lu Tours offers Beijing private Tour Guide Service for one day, two day, three day city and great wall tours. We focus only on private tours comprising of solo traveler, friends & families. We specialize in personalized, custom designed private Beijing tours with your complete satisfaction in mind. We guarantee your delight as we go with you on unforgettable adventures through the wonders of China!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We spent 2 wonderful days at the Great Wall and in Beijing with Tracey and Robert. We were in China for several weeks and only wish that we could have had Catherine Lu's team for the entire trip. Booking with Catherine is very easy and her team is the most personable, knowledgeable and engaging that we have travelled with. Nothing was too much trouble.The drivers and vehicles are also superb. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We would like to say how happy we were that we decided to choose Catherine Lu Tours for our sightseeing of Beijing & Xi'an. Although it was a very early morning start 5.00am to get to the Airport for our 6.55am flight to Xi'an our driver was on time and waiting in the lobby of our hotel. On arriving at Xi'an Airport at 9.00am our Tour Guide Lily was waiting and our driver to take us on our sightseeing of the Terricotta Warriors then lunch at a local restaurant where the food was really good. We then visited the Emperior Jing Di Tomb (Hanyangling) and were then taken to Xi'an station to catch the Express train (Bullet Train) back to Beijing. Everything that we had asked for was done so perfectly and Lilly was such a charming, funny and always helpful person whose knowledge of chinese history added to our trip being so memorable. Day 2 & 3 were in Beijing with Sophia and a driver whose name l think was John. We visited The Great Wall and The Summer Palace also The Olympic Park, The Temple of Heaven & Park ( which you should try to visit early in the morning to see the local people exercising) and the Art district 78 which is full of local made trinkets. On both days we went to local restaurants and the food was always great. We visited everywhere that we had asked to and it was made even more enjoyable by the company of Sophia who we cant praise enough for her kindness and she is such a friendly and easy going person who you instantly feel at home with and her knowledge of the chinese history is excellent and very informative. We would also like to say thank you to our driver (John) who negotiated the Beijing traffic getting us around exceptionally well. This trip was one on our bucket list and we would like to say that we would not have had such a great learning experience in chinese history without the company of both Lily & Sophia who have made our trip special. Thank you to Catherine Lu Tour who we would definitely recommend for tours in Beijing & Xi'an. Carole & Ray. .

3  Thank CAROLE C
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We used Catherine Lu's tours for three separate events - Beijing general sightseeing (Joyce), the Great Wall Hike (Steven) and Xi'an (Tom). As a family of three, the private attention and flexibility was wonderful. All guides were exceptionally well informed, spoke great English - could talk about many things, not just the sites. That's probably what we appreciated most. For us, the hike was the highlight. Seeing the part of the Great Wall that has not yet been restored was magically memorable. (A bit grueling of a hike - but well worth the extra effort!) Dealing with Catherin Lu's business - from initial Internet contact, to planning our activities, to paying, to service delievery - all A++.

2  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I could not recommend Catherine Lu Tours more for your Beijing sightseeing trip. We had a fantastic tour guide (Jenny) who was extremely knowledgeable, speaks excellent English and coordinated everything for us perfectly allowing our group to enjoy the day to the fullest. Highly recommend Catherine Lu's Tours in Beijing.

2  Thank Freq_Traveller_LA
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had one day to see Beijing during a business trip and based on Trip Advisor reviews I chose Catherine Lu Tours. They are incredible. At the last minute the associate I was travelling with joined me and she had a plane to catch that evening. One email and the tour was adjusted to accomodate, without missing anything. Our guide, Joyce was a joy. Her English was excellent, she was very knowledgeable and knew the best places to take pictures, how to avoid long lines and maneuver through the crowds. I am not as young or fit as I used to be, and Joyce was always very considerate if I needed to rest (like on the climb to the cable car at the Great Wall). She just made me feel like I was traveling with a friend. If you are going to China I, Catherine Lu Tours is your best choice. When I return (and after this tour I WILL) Catherine Lu is the first call I will make.

Been to Catherine Lu Tours? Share your experiences!