“Great wall hiking”

$136.00*
and up
Full-Day Small-Group Great Wall Hike: Simatai West to Jinshanling
More attraction details
Owner description: Great Wall Hiking offers a variety of tours of hiking, trekking, walking and camping on the Great Wall around Beijing. Great Wall Hiking's commitment to a Western standard of service and responsible travel helps travelers minimize their impact and maximize their connection with people and the environment.
Victoria, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great wall hiking”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We recently spent a full day with Sonje of Great Wall Hiking. We wanted to explore a part of the wall relatively unvisited and Sonje delivered this wonderfully. We were met at hotel and drove to a remote section but still easy access from Beijing. We spent about an hour and a half and experienced exactly what we wanted. We even lucked out and visited a local home owned by two retired school teachers from Beijing which was totally spontaneous and unscripted. if you want a special day outing from Beijing, this is it.

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Singapore
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my first trip to the great wall (Jinshanling) and it was amazing. The views were beautiful and unbelievable. Our guide, Peter is really helpful and patient. He provided lots of useful information and rendered lots of help to us. We are grateful for this wonderful experience.

Visited January 2013
Bengaluru, India
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“The Great wall is GREAT”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Like most on this planet who have read about the 7 wonders of the world as a school kid it was my intense desire to see it.So when I went to Beijing I decided to find time to do this.
Anything that one has read or heard cant give you the perspective of the GREAT Wall.
Just looking at the expanse of its snaking stretch as far as the eye can see is a sight I will not forget.To stand there and admire one cant but think of the successive rulers who tool it upon themselves to carry on and complete this wall from 2nd century till it was completed.I was so overwhelmed I walked on the wall for nearly 2 kms inspite of the light snow fall and freezing temperatures,But toady I can tell my friends I was on this great wall and walked on it!

Visited March 2012
San Francisco, California
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Fantastic trip and amazing staff”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was my first trip to the great wall and first experience with Great Wall Hiking. The company was absolutely fantastic to work with - very straightforward and helpful, provided lots of information and clear expectations. Our guide Peter was truly amazing and exceeded all my expectations.
I was traveling with my family of five people of varying fitness levels. I was concerned about the difficulty - especially for my parents. Peter was instrumental in helping my parents finish the hike and unbelievably patient with them. He provided really wonderful commentary and history about the wall and the surrounding areas and took fantastic photos of the five of us that he gave us at the end.

We went to Mutianyu and rode the cable car up. We hiked along the wall to the edge of the renovated area and then continued on to the "wild wall". This was a totally different experience to be walking on completely crumbled ruins of the Great Wall. We rode the toboggan down and we had a wonderful time! It was really great to see the refinished wall and the wild wall and see the contrast. I loved the experience. There were A LOT of very steep steps - it is not as flat/rolling as I imagined. I think my parents would have preferred something less intense, but they were glad they did it. My brother and I continues on to a higher tower and the views were truly breathtaking!

After the trip on the wall, we had very late lunch at a delicious local restaurant. There were lots of great vegetarian options for me (yay!) and my Dad had the "best trout" he had ever tasted.

I would highly recommend Great Wall Hiking and continually do to my friends and family!

Visited November 2012

Visited November 2012
1 Thank CatM211
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Best tourist experience in the world”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Peter was absolutely amazing. We did the 6km hike, -15 degrees Celsius but totally clear skies. Words can't express how much we enjoyed our tour. The meal at the end was a fabulous highlight. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a great Great Wall experience!!,

Visited December 2012

Been to Great Wall Hiking? Share your experiences!