“Great location and comfortable accomodation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of New Oriental Suites

New Oriental Suites
Ranked #523 of 6,445 Hotels in Beijing
London, United Kingdom
“Great location and comfortable accomodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Great location, room cleaned twice a week, a convenience store within a minute of leaving your room, felt safe with security at the entrance of the compound, whenever there were any issues e.g there was a powercut in the local area, Nathan, the landlord kept me informed and upto date of what was going on. All in all, I stayed for just under 3 months and for an individual looking for a safe, clean, comfortable apartment, I couldn't reccomend this place enough!

Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

I've stayed in New Oriental Suites for about a month, service is extremely good. The room is newly furnished and I love the scenery from my room. If you need any hair dryer, ironing board, or even DVD player, let them know and they will be more than happy to provide for you. Really fantastic service and they provide weekly cleaning! I don't even need to bother to clean up the room. =) There's free Wifi and kitchen is quite well equipped. If you need an extra cutlery or utensil, let them know and they will provide for you. Communication is pretty easy as they have a foreigner as their staff.

It is in a very convenient location, near subway stations, shopping centres, and bus interchange. For those who intend to cook, they are located near to a market where you can get fresh food and fruits! Or you can actually head down to April Gourmet where they sell expat type of food and they do delivery the items you bought. Not sure whether is there a charge but feel free to check April Gourmet out!

New Oriental Suites is also located near to the various embassies, San Li Tun, and restaurants. Walking distance to San Li Tun, I would say. Even if you hail a cab, it should not cost more than 15yuan if there is no traffic congestion, disclaimer, based on my experience.

The only drawback is that if you would want to use the facilities, you would have to pay for them and it's quite costly.

Nonetheless, I had a great experience with New Oriental Suites. Would booked the rooms if I'm going back Beijing.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

Hi,
I am an American who travels to this specific area in China every year to study taiji. I can tell you everything that others have already said here about the location and area, but there is no need to repeat that.

I will say I like this area very much and spent a lot of time and energy looking for a place just like this. I had many of my friends here in the USA and some in China try to help me too. I found this place online and met a very helpful and friendly young man named Nathan there. What a relief!!! As I said I have been to the Beijing many times this was my 7th trip.

Before my arrival I was very worried since I speak very little Chinese. As soon as I got off the plane I had to put everything in Nathans hands. I am so glad I did! He and his wonderful super assistant did more for me than could be expected. They went above and beyond the call of duty. They helped me to do so many things, even some things that a 5* hotel would never do. I feel I made some very nice new friends there.

As for the apartment...it was more than I had expected. Very clean, no bugs, a great view and 3-5 blocks from everything one needs. Even the guards at the gate where friendly. I have recommended this place to many others. Though it was a bit more expensive than I planned to spend I felt it was well worth it and I will stay there again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dali, Yunnan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

Stayed at the New Oriental Suites for around a week while waiting for my visa to be processed. I previously lived in Beijing for 7 years for work so I personally prefer staying a service styled hotel / apartment over anything else offered.

The rooms are newly renovated with modern facilities (free wifi!), spotless, with comfortable beds and a kitchenette. Private security guards are stationed at each of the entrances and every building / gate requires a key card so safety isn't a problem.

While most tourists tend to stay in the CBD (Business / Tourist area) where it's one giant, 24hr traffic jam the New Oriental Suites is located a couple of blocks from the Embassy District where the expat night life and most good restaurants are located. San Li Tun bar / shopping area is within walking distance as well as the Dong Zhi Men subway terminal that can whisk you off to any tourist spots your heart desires.

Basically if your not into overpriced 5 star hotels that tout the faux China experience or the backpacker hovels that cater to dirty hippies and their suicide inducing drum circles then the New Oriental Suites could be your cup of tea.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

Stayed at New Oriental Suites for about 1.5 months, from August to September. Its located in a very convenient location, next to subway stations and bus interchange, and had lots of great shopping areas and restaurants located around it. Its also located in an expat area hence the security is quite tight. Its within walking distance to the Sanlitun shopping and bar district which was really convenient. The apartment was fairly new and the hotel staff was great, adding things to the room if we asked, as long as it was reasonable. They had a foreigner as their staff so communication was easy since he spoke English. They provided weekly cleaning, which was great as we did not have to bother about cleaning it. The kitchen was fairly well equipped if you like to cook your own meals and theres a great market located very near the apartment if you want to get the freshest ingredients! Only drawback is that they do not provide certain essentials like toilet paper so you would have to get your own. The staff are also not around 24 hours as most of the time theres only 1 or 2 of them, would think its a great choice as a serviced apartment but not if you need hotel-like services 24 hours. They have fitness facilities but its on a per use basis, hence may be quite costly.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
nateq314, Owner at New Oriental Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2010
Bathrooms are equipped with full roll of toilet paper at time of check-in. Starting from this month (October) going forward, we are replenishing it on a twice-weekly basis.