“Nothing to compare” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport

You added Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport to your Saves list
Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Erjing Road, Terminal 3, Capital International Airport, Beijing 100621, China (Beijing Capital International Airport)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #36 of 5,545 Hotels in Beijing
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Nothing to compare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I read reviews of this hotel before booking and I can only say that anyone who criticises the Langham Place in any way must have been in a different hotel. A ten day stay was nothing short of superb - every detail is taken care of by a well trained and efficient staff. The Hotel Manager introduced himself to us and greeted us each time we met, very pleasant and interested in the treatment of his guests. The rooms are spacious and well appointed and cleaned meticulously every day. We tried all the restaurants during our stay and had a variety of dishes, all of which were of a very high standard and always plenty on the plate for a hearty appetite. There was never a language problem with any of the staff we encountered and always a smiling face - whatever you're doing John, it's working magnificently, the whole staff are a credit to you.

Room Tip: Being a plane spotter I requested a room with a lake view which overlooks a park area and the approa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
John V, General Manager at Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Steve,
Thank you very much for your review and kind comments.
I was very happy to meet you during your stay and I am very glad to know that you have fully enjoyed your stay at Langham Place Beijing Airport.
I have passed your comments to our team members. I will keep leading and motivating our team members to consistently deliver superior service.
I hope that soon you will have the opportunity to come back to Beijing and in this case welcome you back at Langham Place Beijing Airport.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

It was the end of my stay in Beijing and I decided to spend the night before my early morning flight at this hotel primarily due to its proximity. However, that was far from the only thing this hotel has to offer. The check-in was efficient and the bellboy was very helpful. The flight information display screen at the lobby was unique and left me very amused by the concept. The infrastructure was definitely world class and so was the majority of the staff. I enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Chinese restaurant, which unfortunately I will not be able to find anything to match with here in Europe. I hope they keep up the good work!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
I thank you very much for writing this review on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.
In fact many of our guests choose our hotel for the proximity to the Airport as well as the quality of service offered. I have passed your comments to our front office team. I have also praised our Ming Court Chinese Restaurant team in particular our Master Chef Cheung.
I hope that soon I will be able to welcome you back at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.
Dortmund, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had all connecting flights from T3 the location is optimal.
Even for sightseeing trips to the city its not too far away.

The welcome angels which guide you to the shuttle bus (ok pink!) are the perfect service.

The breakfast was the best I had in asia. Again perfect service. All juices in separate bottles is a really nice idea.

I really enjoyed the stay there. Unfortunately is was only for the transfer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for posting your comments on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport
I am very glad to know that our team was able to offer you great service and give you a memorable experience. I have thanked our welcome angels as well as The Place Restaurant team for the quality of breakfast offered.
My team and I look forward welcoming back at Langham Place during your next travelling through Beijing
John Vouilllamoz
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night due to a meeting that was close to Terminal 3. The hotel is only a 5 minute ride from T3 and the shuttles are available every 15 mins. The property is quite big for an airport hotel and it is maintained well. Anyway, here goes.

Check-in:

It was fairly efficient, but the staff never asked me if I were ok with two twin beds despite travelling alone. As a result, I was confused when I entered my room to find out that they had given me twin beds. I found out that other guests who checked in after me had been offered King/Queen beds, so I requested for one. This time another staff, Maggie, helped me out and tried really hard to find me a room with a single bed. After a few mins, she was able to locate one. Great service!

Room:

I stayed on a suite on the third floor. The property is not that tall (6 floors), so naturally the hallways are extremely long because there are lots of rooms per floor. Try to find the right elevators that will be closest to your room to minimize the walking. The suite was EXTREMELY spacious and well maintained. Bathrooms were stocked with Miller Harris products and there was a very comfortable deep soaking tub. The shower was real spacious too, but the water pressure of the rain shower was a bit weak. Bed was fairly comfortable, but on the soft side. Beware if you prefer hard mattresses.

F&B:

Breakfast spread was one of the best I've had in Beijing. The main thing here is the quality. It was a generous spread, but the variety might not be as big as other Asian hotels. However, the quality of food is really good. Service was ok.

Facilities:

The gym is on the small side, but there are still some basic equipment (a few treadmills and other cardio equipment). There are some free weights available as well. The lobby and other areas of the hotel were well maintained and extremely spacious.

Overall:

Without a doubt one of the best airport hotels in the world. Except for the one front desk agent who initially checked me in (he didn't smile once and his attitude wasn't great), everyone else I came across was above average (or at least above Beijing average). Would definitely return! Kudos to Maggie from front desk for being so helpful.

With a more well-stocked gym and a slightly better initial check-in experience, this hotel would have gotten a full 5 rating, but this is still leaps and bounds beyond other hotels in the area. Another great Langham experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
I thank you very much for taking the time to post such detailed review on your experience at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.
I was very happy to read that you had a good check in experience and that Maggie was able to fulfill your preference. I also appreciate your comments on the room size the amenities as well as the food quality of our breakfast which has been highlighted by many of our guests. I have also brought up your comment on the water pressure to our Chief Engineer whom will verify that the daily checking system is followed.
I thank you very much for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport
With Kind Regards
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Airport hotels aren't worth much mention (the Pittsburgh Airport Hyatt being an exception). However, the Langham Place at the Beijing Airport defies that stereotype. I stayed here for only one night between flying in from Guilin and then flying out to Seoul/Incheon the next day. I felt like I had the place to myself. I recuperated in the Portal Bar with a great glass of wine and snacks, but truth be told, I didn't want to get out of the shower because it was so spacious and lovely, didn't want to get up from the chaise lounge in my room, didn't want to take off the comfy robe, didn't want to leave the room at all. It gave luxury a whole new dimension. And again, as a single woman travellng alone, the staff here made me feel safe and welcome--the combination that means everything to me. Only two small complaints: 1) the pink vans at the airport seemed creepy/weird and 2) no outlets near mirrors to style my hair except in the bathroom. But both are minor. I kept having to remind myself to set my alarm to catch my plane the next day. I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
John V, General Manager at Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
I thank you for your feedback following your stay at Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport.

I was very happy to read that you have really enjoyed your stay. As for every posting I have reviewed your comments with you team members and complemented all colleagues who have contributed in making your stay memorable. I have equally asked you concierge team to ensure that our shuttle bus is clean and fresh at all time.

I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport of hope having the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

St.Pölten
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A very nice hotel close to the Airport. The rooms are very spacious and perfect for relaxing.
Service is perfect. Unfortunately, I could not test the Spa area. The breakfast covers all possible needs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
I thank you very much for posting this review about your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I was very glad to read that you have enjoyed our facilities and service. I have also passed your complement to our The Place Restaurant team for the quality of breakfast served.

I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport and look forward welcoming you back soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed a night for my domestic connecting flights from Beijing.
Was upgraded to a junior suite room which was very big and luxurious . The beds very so comfy and amenities were great. The only set back was the check in , was slow and only 2 counters open and arriving late to the hotel , there were many guests checking in as well.
Paid like USD 290 a night but its without breakfast making the rate very expensive just for an overnight stay but the plus point , its super near to the airport . 3 mins away via the hotel free shuttle bus. For first time guests, the hotel free shuttle bus is located at level 1 gate 5 of the terminal 3 Beijing airport. the bus runs every 15 mins.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
I thank you for letting us know about your experience at the Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I was very happy to read that you have the facilities as well as the proximity of our hotel to the Airport. I am sorry that you had a slow check-in and have passed your comment to the concern employee for further action and improvement.

I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay in Beijing and look forward welcoming you back soon.