“Nice food Nice atmosphere!”
Review of Mosto

Mosto
Ranked #97 of 13,214 Restaurants in Beijing
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Reviewed May 5, 2019

Been here a few times now, nice relaxed restaurant with good food and good service. Try meats platter - very nice!

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed January 10, 2019

I have been there several times, for dinner, lunch, brunch and only for drinks.
Food was always great, my favourites dishes are the mushroom ravioli and the foie and saffron risotto.
Service is good and the place is beautiful, comfortable and homie. It is one of my favourites restaurants in Beijing, definitely on my top 3. Perfect to have a nice dinner and have some fun vibe for a cocktail after (cocktails are nice too!).

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

After months of putting this off finally tried this place ! Food is good but really disappointed by the small portions !
Eggs Benedict need to have two muffins or pieces of bread ! Blue berry pancake means one pancake and minimal blue berries ! At 55 rmb per pan cake ! Cmon ! Really ? It’s only batter ! Thumbs down !

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 31, 2018

We ended up there after the countdown as we were in Nali Patio and everywhere was packed except for this place, which I later understood why.

After ordering our drinks, one barmen slipped his hand INSIDE his pants for a quick scratched then proceeded to prepare my friend's cocktail. We stopped him immediately and asked another bartender to make it.

The music was bad and the DJ kept on cutting song in the middle or stopping for mins while being visibly drunk, which I’m fine with since it’s NYE and we were there for one last drink anyway before heading home. That, until I made a remark on how bad the music was. The snowflake DJ from Colombia got so annoyed started being aggressive towards me and my wife, asking us to leave because he “says so”.

Another guy appeared — I later learned he was the Venezuelan owner/chef named Daniel Urdaneta. One of his nostrils was runny and he was clearly acting like he’s on cocaine. It was disgusting to look at that while listening to him, let alone that he was high as a kite so whatever he was trying to say didn’t make any sense. He pushed his DJ back to prevent him from assaulting us, but seconds later, the cokehead turned and tried to attack me. All of that while my friends and I were calm and just trying to leave.

He called two more Chinese guys dressed in black and a Hispanic-looking macho in order to intimidate us. They ended up holding him back as he was irritated by the fact that I remained calm and didn’t engage in anything. He was cussing at us in Spanish and trying to break free and reach me. The Hispanic bodyguard was trying to estimate the situation and figure out who’s at fault. It was clearly his boss, so he was apologizing to me while the mad owner screaming in the back.

After telling them that I'm going to write a review, the DJ then came and apologized to me too, saying that me sitting on the table was the reason why he got mad, but also because I said “the music sucks”.

I have never eaten there before and most probably will never step a foot in that shameful establishment again, but I’m just wondering from what I read about Mosto, how could a place like that survive for 10 years? Do people accept eating there knowing that their food is being prepared by a bunch of crotch-scratchers and junkies?!

Date of visit: January 2019
2  Thank raf2015
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Had dinner and drinks with friends, what delicious food and great atmosphere! I really recommend the foie gras with risotto. Great wine selection. Will come back!

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Mosto? Share your experiences!