“Usually a Great Place but Just Had a Very Strange Experience”
Review of Mosto

Mosto
Ranked #85 of 12,772 Restaurants in Beijing
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I've been to Mosto a few times and had always enjoyed the food had a good experience until my last trip. We went for the business lunch and my friend asked me to place both our orders since she wasn't sure she would pronounce the English correctly. I ordered our appetizers and said "...and we'll both have the fish." They brought my appetizer but not my friend's which I thought was odd but it's China so we didn't say anything. Then they brought one order of the fish and my friend's appetizer. When we asked about the other entree our waitress said she had misunderstood and thought we only wanted one order and when we asked for another she said the kitchen was closed and that was impossible. I was pretty surprised at this for a western place. I used to love Mosto but after this experience I won't be going back. There are just too many other food European places in the area to worth risking something like this happening again.

1  Thank MattyHar

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Some of the best we have tried In China - a "must visit" if you like fantastic gourmet food with a twist. We were sitting outside enjoying a dinner in the atmosphere from the Nali Nali. Good service especially from the italian waiter who was used for detailed explanations in english :-) Try the tasty menu + the Wine menu!!! You are really getting a lot for your money. Will go here again - for lunch next time to see if it has the same high standard.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

The guys here do a great job with excelelnt food at reasobake prices , creative menu and good sevice ensures this is a favourite with many Beijing expats They have a few terrrace seats which are good for summer evenings

Reviewed April 19, 2012

The evening was very mild so my business colleague who suggested that we eat at Mosto and I ate on the very small outside terrace on the third floor over looking a small square. The environment was a wonderful change from loud, brashly light Beijing restaurants and I was transported to any chic and casually upscate restaurant in any major Western City. What a nice break! The menu was limited but choices were varied. The prices were expensive but it was worth every bite - the japenese sea scallops were a great starter, followed by truffled parm risotto (no truffles really stood out in the flavor profile) then, the chocolate molten cake with a pepper ice cream (mild hint) was devine. The flavors and wonderful experience transporting me from a hectic two weeks in Beijing was stopped short by the annoying cigarette smoke of two tables near us. While we may have wanted another glass of wine to linger or a dessert wine - the smoke forced us to leave. We were reminded how spoiled we are in the US with nonsmoking restaurants - we were just not used to this at a fine dining establishment.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

A friend living in Beijing took me there for the first time last year, Since then I go there everytime when I on business trip to Beijing. It;s cozy, and the food is delicous,. THe price is affordable, definately value for money!

1  Thank Chiara_Corelone