“Even I learned cooking skills!!!”

Hutong cuisine Cooking School (Beijing Cooking School)
Book In Advance
More Info
$90.00*
and up
Experience Beijing: Chinese Cooking Class and...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Book class: Please go to our schedule page, you can see our curriculum arrangement and please choose which class you would like to join. www.beijingcookingschool.com 8:45 am - 9:15am: Condiments class 9:15 am - 10:30 pm Market tour 10:30 am - 1:30pm Cooking class: A trip to China wouldn't be complete without exploring its cuisine. Deepen your experience by learning how to cook authentic local dishes, then sit down to enjoy them with your host. 6:30PM - 9:30PM The Chef's Table (Dinner) If you come to China this gourmet paradise, do not forget to explore its food culture.the best way to do that is by getting up close to the people who cook it. Book yourself into a Chef’s Kitchen dinner to watch Chef Chao as he prepares a classic Chinese dinner. You’ll pick up some important Chinese cooking techniques, learn more about the country and its food culture, and then, finally, enjoy the delicious food together - all in a private traditional Peking courtyard house setting.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This cooking experience was recommended to us; we were not disappointed... We only had a Wednesday available, a day that turned out to be vegetarian dishes day... Being a meat and potatoes person, I reluctantly decided to attend in spite of the menu... Boy, was I wrong!!! The dishes were delicious with a great use of spices; the instruction was fun and interesting with lots of tips about techniques and ingredients... Since returning home, I have made several of the dishes to "oohs and aahs" of friends.... I have even invested in a wok to continue cooking in this style... As a side note, I now like my vegetables!!! A great way to spend a day, with good instruction, good food, and good discussions...

All reviews
"braised duck"
"great class"
"class today"

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I participated in one of the Sichuan cooking classes and not only had a lot of fun but learnt a lot too.Our teacher was informative, helpful and possessed a good sense of humour, just as well with my bumbling attempts to master the cleaver.There were 5 of us in the class and we were amazed that we produced such delicious dishes in a relatively short space of time.

The kitchen is well set up, spacious and spotlessly clean.
If you are looking for something a little bit different to do in Beijing then I recommend you try a cooking class. There are many to choose from.Those that did the market tour beforehand also were enthralled with the experience.

1  Thank hamilstra
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Enjoying the experience of trying regional dishes from the various provinces of China, my friend and I joined a Sichuan cooking class at Hutong Cuisine. A class of five, we were taught the art of using a cleaver, as well as the reason behind the varying heat of oil for the infusion/cooking of various herbs and spices. We prepared the ingredients and cooked two dishes each, eating them as we went: Stir Fried Beef with Chilli, Sichuan Pepper and Coriander and Dry Stir Fried Green Beans. Our teacher demonstrated a further two dishes: Braised Chicken with Soy Sauce and Rice Wine and Mapo Doufu. The food was just delicious, the beef being our favourite, and with detailed recipes in hand, we are looking forward to sourcing the ingredients and cooking these wonderful meals for our families when we return home.

I will certainly book another class with this fabulous school on my return to Beijing.

1  Thank Annejs
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I participated in the dimsum class for I had half-day free during a business trip. I participated alone but our group of 8 was international, mixture of Europeans and Asians, and quite nice. Quickly we started chatting while cooking. The class was very hands-on, from cutting the ingredients to making the skin for dimsum. Chunyi observed our progress closely and came after us if the shumai filling was wrapped too loose :) We have leaned.
I really liked the class, hope to be able to do wok cooking class someday soon.

1  Thank Megumi H
See more reviews
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I attended the vegetarian class with my mother, who was visiting. There were a total of 6 people in the class and it was an interesting, dynamic group. We made Ma-po dofu, stir fried green beans, tomato& egg, and an eggplant and potato dish. Everything was delicious and the instruction, in English, was very clear. The class maintained a steady pace and we ate the food as it was cooked. All in all, a very fun activity!

1  Thank Susan H