“#218 great experience”

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“#218 great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We purchased 4 pair of glasses today and a seamless experience. Highly recommended. We had a nice coffee and the glasses were done in under 30 minutes.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank dbaldrey

San Antonio
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“It's shop #218 all the way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

See the review by Klukoff from November 2011 - it's spot on. In fact, it's the review I used to decide where to go. The place is massive and I think if you really tried to look in every store, you'd just give up. The Korean owners were exceptionally helpful. My glasses script is for trifocals and I can never get away with paying less then about 500.00/pair in the states due to the prescription. I bought two pair here each for about $125.00. I had my prescription with me already. One pair I really wanted, they would have had to send back for Korea for the frames and it would have taken 3 weeks to get them - I was only in China for 2 weeks. She suggested a frame that was very similar but note it was less durable but I loved them. It would take three days to get these glasses and frames and we'd be back by the end of our trip so that was not an issue. Going to go there every time I go to Beijing!. My daughter's Chinese host sister also got a pair of glasses (much less complex then mine - she's 18). They made them in 15 minutes and while we waited, they served us Korean coffee. My daughter has always been sure that the optometrists in the States are wrong and that she needs glasses, so he did an eye exam for free and amazingly told her the same thing everyone here has told her - she doesn't need glasses. I love this place. Thanks for your review, Klukoff!

Visited August 2013
3 Thank 7barb
Aiken, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Glasses in an hour - thousands of choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Almost no vendors speak English but that does not stop them from reading your prescription. Huge building full of vendors selling every kind of glasses imaginable. In fact, the whole neighborhood was full of glasses vendors. Great pair of prescription sunglasses (strong prescrip) for $30 in under an hour. Lunch at Pizza Hut across the street while you wait.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank ggoes
Stockholm, Sweden
169 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 174 helpful votes
“Lot of choices but beware”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

There are hundred and hundreds of different shops. By coincident we found one shop on the second floor, they spoke some English here. We wanted progressive glasses. A lot of frames in very good quality. Examination went well with help from the English speaking girl. It took them on hour to produce the glasses.To be honest it is not the same when you compare with glasses home.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank R_Sweden
Tel Aviv
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“The only place to buy glasses in Beijing {tips inside}”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

As there are lot's of shops in these malls, you can easily bargain.
Located in Dongsanhuan Nanlu 64, Chaoyang district, not far from the antiques market, Subway Line 10 to Jinsong station and 15 min walk.

Plenty of types and models, you may get dizzy, so be prepared ahead:
- Bring from home glasses of family/friends with you, to match head size and sight, also contact lenses (the package is preferred)
- Bring sun glasses with damaged lenses to be replaced on spot (even curved ones)
- Spare few hours, rest in between, consider waiting about half an hour or less for custom made lenses.
- If the salesman says a type makes you younger or prettier - don't believe, listen to yourself
- Say in front that you want a glass case/laces so they will include it easily with no extra charge.
- Re-check your new glasses for scratches etc. take a reciept.
- They have sight testers almost everywhere, so if the glasses are for you, I recommend recheck (took few minutes and I got myself better size!)

I bought few glasses there, and replaced curved sunglasses lens, also for my daughters and son and back home they are all great, even the contact lenses.

Nowhere else in Beijing you'll find such variety and competition, all centered in few malls - very cheap compare to western countries, actually this is the right price...

Visited October 2012
5 Thank ReuvenM

Been to Glasses City? Share your experiences!