“Good location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #83 of 1,287 Beijing B&B and Inns
United Kingdom
“Good location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great staff and great location. We got a free upgrade straight away without asking for it!!! The food was really nice and reasonably priced. It would have been nice to store valuables in a secure locker either in the dorm rooms themselves or a safe at reception. Having said that, the hostel was a safe place to stay. Nice atmosphere and the staff are all hardworking and helpful, thank you

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

The location of this hostel was ideal if you wanted to see all the main attractions in Beijing such as Tiannamen Square, Forbidden City and even the night market. The room was clean and for the price it was fair. The help we received from the reception was over and beyond any help I have ever received from any reception. They were knowledgeable about bus routes to further away sights and local restaurants which served Beijing specialities such as Beijing Roast Duck.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hostel was OK for the money. The location was excellent, you can walk to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden city and the underground isn't that far either. The hostel could be a bit more clean, but it is OK if you just sleep there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in April 2013. I had a twin room which was pretty comfortable, the bathroom was ok and relatively clean. Sunrise is in a great location for seeing the main sights, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Wangfujing etc. The staff were super helpful and it was great to be able to organise a tour to the Great Wall through them. The hostel is good value, but basic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am not too particular or prissy when it comes to lodging, I am just looking for a clean, comfortable room. The room we had at this hostel was neither of those, unfortunately. The bathroom floor was constantly wet and dirty and the smell unbearable. The sheets were stained and yellowed and did not seem clean.

The positives are that the staff is all very helpful and friendly and it is in a fantastic, quiet location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Beijing hotels

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Sunrise hostel at the beggining of May for four nights. I've been traveling for a while so I have lots of hotels, hostels and lodges to compare with this place and all I can say is that this is really good place at really great location. Forbbiden City is only few minutes walk away, crazy night market is literally behind the corner, also huge shopping street with HUGE shopping mall if you are in that
kind of fun is about 10 minutes walk. My room was very basic but clean. I had my own room with private bathroom and that was all I needed to keep me happy since I spent most of my time outside. The staff was very helpful, they organized gor me a trip to the Great Wall, tickets for the kunfu show at the theatre, and at the end of my stay the train ticket to Wudang Shan where I am right now. I really enjoyed the little funky restaurant/bar with drowings from previous guests from all around the world. Also great place to meet and talk to other guests. The only problem I had with was the price which I think was little bit higher than I would expect for such place. But to me the service, cleanliness, and the location were unbeatable so I put up with the price and I am planing to stay there again once I am back in Beijing.

• Stayed May 2013
Lightning Ridge, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We arrived here at 2am in the morning and were shown to our rooms with a minimum of fuss. At first we shared a room (3 of us) but we came back to stay a second time and got separate ensuite rooms. We were very happy with the rooms, the food is good and there is wi-fi of varying strength in the rooms as well as 2 computers in reception. (free) We booked a couple of tours with them as well and were very happy with the service. You can leave mail with them to be stamped and posted and have laundry done cheaply and overnight. We were very happy with the place, there are a couple of staff who speak english really well and can tell you which buses to catch to go to see various sites in Beijing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends