“Friendly helpful staff...”
Review of Feel Inn

Feel Inn
Ranked #154 of 1,421 Beijing B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked 2 nights in this hostel last minute and found the staff to be very helpful. The accommodation is basic as you would expect but clean with everything you need. There is a little bar on site that provides good value chinese and western style food as well as drinks. The staff are approachable and helped us organise various days out including an excellent day trip to the Great Wall at Mutianyu for a reasonable price and with a great lunch. Lastly, we arrived at the hostel past midnight and got checked in and taken to our room hassle free having had a very useful e-mail to explain how best to get there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our first place when arriving in china - found Sunrise hostel to be friendly - and clean. Rooms are not massive but comfortable enough. Our room did have a slight smell from the bathroom -(210). Friendly staff, very helpful - finding places /directions, and answering questions. Granted a late checkout free of charge and were very accommodating. Location was perfect - short stroll to all sights - plus main city (shopping). Restaurant was very western - but you don't come to Beijing to stay in your hostel to eat!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights and were upgraded to a private bathroom free of charge. The hostel is pleasant and has a quirky cafe which serves western food. The room could have been a bit cleaner but was otherwise OK. Great location, only a 10 minute walk to the no 1 subway line and 15 minutes from the main shopping street. The staff were friendly and helpful and spoke good English. I'd definitely recommend Sunrise for when the sun goes down!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Location of this youth hostel is absolutely prime: literally a stone's throw away from the bustling commercial street-Wangfujing and only about 15 minute walk from the world-famous and touristy Tiananmen square and Forbidden city. Atmosphere there was great. The facade of the youth hostel features traditional Chinese elements: two lion sculptures, Chinese couplets etc.Oh and bunting made up of a lot of national flags, which reminded me my short stint at the United Nations.

Anyway,staff there was reasonably friendly speaking reasonably good English. I arrived pretty much in the afternoon, weary with really heavy legs from climbing the "all right wall", as "idiot abroad" Karl Pilkington would put it. The staff member at the reception very kindly offered me an 'upgrade' to a two-bunk bed. I was very happy because I'd been staying in a four-bunk room at another hostel in Beijing and hadn't slept very well there. I checked in and was shown to my room before I realized this really was a BASIC room with BASICALLY nothing in it but two bunk beds, a trash can (bin), and a chair, two pairs of slippers and a air-conditioner. It DID what it says on the tin because it was supposed to be a BASIC room but it was just a bit surprised it was THAT basic. It was a bit stuffy inside. Sheets were ruffled and had stains on them (presumably male bodily fluid) and i could very clearly see there were blood stains on the pillowcase in my upper bunk. Power sockets are very far away from our beds. So it made it difficult for me to charge my laptop (and nowhere to put my laptop when it's charging)

Since it was not an ensuite room we had to nip outside to use the basin and toilet. Toilets were a bit smelly and cramped which presumably hadn't been cleaned for a short while. And there was a counterintuitive sign on the wall saying "Please, do not throw (the) toilet paper into the bowl", however, on the toilet door there was another sign telling us something along the lines that please don't throw TP into the toilet. So I was really confused as to where i should put my toilet paper.

The hostel gets really noisy at night because there are people constantly coming and going, new guests checking in, staff members cracking jokes at each other etc. The door is not very sound-proof. Should have brought a pair of earplugs.

The room I stayed in was around 5 quid a night. It's actually good enough value for your money especially considering it's got great location and very easy for you to get around. Having said that, however, there are actually a few other youth hostels in Beijing where free breakfast is provided and free flow of coffee, tea is offered to guests 24/7. They do have a nice bar/restaurant within the hostel though, serving foods like chips, beans on toast etc commonly seen in greasy spoons in the UK. But quite honestly food served here is a bit overpriced. Beans on toast alone cost about 20+ RMB. But the atmosphere in the bar was fabulous, very cosy with books to read and WIFI connection was GREAT. You can't log on to Facebook and Twitter though (it says on their website and hostelworld.com that you can but you can't). One thing worth mentioning is the kitchen was very seedy and disguisting. Eggs, toasts were all over the place. Sticky stains on the microwaves. Dirty sink. It was worse than the kitchens showed in Chef Ramsay's kitchen nightmare.

One thing annoyed the hell out of me was the fact that you had to ask a staff member to open the locker and when you're done they will lock it back for you. You can't keep the keys. This really pissed me off big time. What do they have to make things so complicated? It's a bother for everybody.

But staff there was nice and agreed that i could put my stuff in the locker for a bit longer after I checked out and allowed me to use their free wifi in the bar. I really appreciated that. So generally speaking it's a great youth hostel with a few less than satisfactory aspects. I'd recommend this hostel because location is my first priority.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We booked 2 x twin rooms few weeks before we arrived in Beijing. Once we paid the 10% deposit, they will provide you maps, details and directions to the hostel. It was helpful. Just 10 minutes walking to Wangfujing subway station. The location? It's totally great. Near to Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and Donghuamen Night food market.

They provided heater, hot water, blankets, towels and TV. Good enough to me. Staff were very helpful as they guide us towards few attractions in Beijing. They even shared tips for tourist scams in Beijing by showing example of brochures and name cards.

Check out time is 12pm. But our departure time was at 10pm. The staff allowed us to pay only half price and let us stay until 10pm in our room. So kind of them. We took their taxi service to airport only at 160yuan.

For us, this hostel has everything you want if you one of the budget travellers.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank poobritney
Reviewed December 3, 2012

It was freezing when I arrived in Beijing at 5am with snow on the ground and rain pouring down outside. Getting inside this hostel made everything seem much better.

Basic rooms, with good firm beds. Really friendly staff. Nice little bar/restaurant, with good Chinese food and pizzas, special mention for the excellent Xian noodles. They lose points on the terrible music coming from the bar pretty much non-stop, but if you like commerical UK pop music you'll be ok! They gain points for having an awesome puppy.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Staff was helpfull and nice, rooms and bathrooms were clean.
we booked a dorm and when we got there they upgraded us in a double room with private bathroom for the same price, wich was quite cool.
great location, 15 minutes from T square and the Forbidden city and few steps from a street food market.
just keep in mind (expecially if u book a tour) that breakfast, wich is included in the tour, takes FOREVER to be served to all the guests.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends