“Amazing and memorable dinner”

Black Sesame Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 12,643 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Houhai
Description: We are a reservations-only dining experience offering a set menu of ten courses and two wine pairings in an open kitchen where you'll learn the secrets of Chinese cuisine.
“Amazing and memorable dinner”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have had the opportunity to visit the Black Sesame Kitchen on two visits to Beijing and have come away very satisfied and impressed on both occasions. Michelle was very accommodating to our fluctuations in group size, even up to the hours prior to our arrival. The welcome and introduction to the restaurant, especially to those who had not been previously, was excellent and helped to prepare us for what was to come. The food itself was an excellent mixture of authentic Chinese cooking fused with other influences. Each course seemed to build from the success of the previous climaxing with a fabulous desert. The never-empty wine and beer glasses help to facilitate everyone's enjoyment though I felt the need to apologize to Michelle for the rowdiness of some of our colleagues. As to be expected, Michelle took it all in stride and a smile. Thank you to her and her staff for all they provided to us. Black Sesame Kitchen is a must visit for everyone. You will not come away disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Christopher C

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Willows, Ca
“More than a meal”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

While our dinner was an excellent 10 course Chinese home cooked meal; the best part was the 12 person international forum held by ourselves and the other guests for dinner from around the world.
Thanks for a wonderful experience Michelle!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank arcodon
London, United Kingdom
“Black Sesame Kitchen”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I just want to thank the team at the Black Sesame Kitchen especially Michelle. From the initial booking to helping us find the place, yes we got lost as well. The setting was intimate and it felt more like having dinner with friends then strangers. The food was diverse and very cleverly put together. Michelle was fantastic she explained how each dish is put together by the chef, the wine was flowing and so were the conversations. We met some wonderful people who we went out with after the meal. I would definitely reccommend this place to anyone who loves food.

Ps Michelle thanks for hailing us a cab and Mits will send the photographs to you.

Perth, Australia
“Unbelievably Good!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I had read about BSK on Tripadvisor & as we were staying nearby I made a booking. Not only is the food unbelievably good the whole experience was wonderful. Dining with complete strangers from different parts of the world whilst watching our food being prepared was amazing.
The staff were friendly & Coco in particular was a delight. All 10 courses were brilliant except one was a little too hot for me but my 20yr old son loved it.
If I ever return to Beijing, BSK will be on my list of places to revisit.

Dallas, Texas
“Different in every way.....”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I generally do not like to sit with people I don't know for dinner.....i.e. Benihana. But a business friend recommended this restaurant, and he drove.. (I am glad he did because I would never have found it :- ) )..and it was a completely different experience. What others have written is accurate..a unique dining experience, and one that you will find yourself thinking about long after you have left. If you get the chance, you must go. The meal is lovingly prepared and the wines that accompany it, do it justice. I hope to return on my next trip.

• Visited January 2013