“Forbidden City Must Visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Owner description: Music Hall Venue for Ochestral Music, Opera,etc
Launceston, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Forbidden City Must Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Visited Beijing October 2013 during Golden week. Forbidden City is a must see attraction. I was blown away by the history and the environment. My 6 and 8 year old boys learnt so much during our visit. Visiting the Forbidden City helps you piece together the history of China and gain insight into their culture and customs. Truly amazing architecture too. To be there and touch your surroundings was quite surreal.

Visited October 2013

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Forbidden city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place is breath taking, it took us nearly the whole day to look around, such a massive palace, it's was a experience to learn about the emperor, and the way he lived, the place has so much history,

Visited December 2012
Saratoga, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Forbidden City Visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was in Beijing in August and decided to walk down to the Forbidden City from the hotel. The walk from the Peninsula hotel was pleasant (about a mile or so) and i really liked the way the walled perimeter of the Forbidden City looked with the moat and tall stone walls. When I got to the entrance area the number of people streaming to the entrance was unbelieveable (it was a Sunday). I stood in line to get my entry ticket anyway and went in. I rented one of the digital tour guides and went off into the city. The architecture was very nice and the level of detail on the buildings, carvings and painting, was amazing but to me, there are only so many buildings one can look at. The place is huge and it was a very hot day so every bit of shade was occupied by masses of people looking for some sun relief. I liked the side attractions, small separate entry fees, as they were interesting and much less crowded. I was hoping to see that some of the building interiors would have been restored to look like they appeared in ancient China days (like living quarters, kitchens, meeting rooms, etc.) but I didn't see any in the buildings i visited. One other thing I found interesting was that for such a large area, there appeared to be only one exit out of the city on the opposite side of the complex from the entrance. It is quite a hike to get out. Overall I think the Forbidden City is a nice place to visit but not to spend a full day there. I did see one of the corners of the city near the exit at night all lit up and it made for a nice photo as the colors were very vibrant under the lights.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Glenn Y
Cleveland, Ohio
“Truly GRAND experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

You did not visit china if you did not visit forbidden city. The depth of Chinese culture is fully reflected in this historical place.your kids will open their eyes to see the thousands years of Chinese history in real life. The feel, the touch, the environment is truly a once of life time experience. we highly highly recommend it!

Visited June 2013
Farnborough, United Kingdom
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Not just the Music hall but the Forbidden City itself”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our third day started disappointingly with yet another day of smog and then to our horror rain! We walked to Tian'anmen Square in a sea of colourful umbrellas on this national holiday in China (1st October) I have never seen so many people in one place before, the square was packed and the queue for the forbidden city was unreal. Local guides hassle you promising to get tickets for 260 Rem at "guides only" windows but the queues move fast and within 15mins we had tickets for 60 Rem (yuan) the former Emperors private city puts Buckingham palace to shame it is hard to take in the vast area that is actually situated in the heart of the city. Built in 1406-1420 by a million labourers this is definitely not an attraction to be missed.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Pat E

Been to Forbidden City Music Hall? Share your experiences!