Few good things why I like this hostel:
1. relatively cheap than other hostels in Beijing;
2. near to some tourist destinations (which technically if you are not too lazy to walk, you can just walk to Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City for 15 mins);
3. very near to a subway station (which is a very efficient means of public transportation rather than taking a cab);
4. the staff can understand and speak in English; and
5. they have a good and accommodating service.
The hostel have a bed, aircon, tv, shower with heater and wifi; enough for a traveler who just wanted a place to stay for a night (or two). "You get what you paid for", so I didn't expect to get a fancy accommodation services; however, the services of Happy Dragon Hostel is more than enough to what I paid for. :)
For a traveler, I think all that matters is a place to rest and leave things while roaming around the city, which I actually enjoyed in Happy Dragon Hostel. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- *New bicycle hutongs tour starting 1st March**FREE weekly parties of... dumplings (make and eat) , bbq … join-in, enjoy the food and meet new friends! :) That’s right … 2 times a week there is free food! :)+ 'Happy Hours' and special drinks promotions in our barWelcome to the Happy Dragon Hostel, your happy home in Beijing! Within two years of opening we have established a great reputation as being one of Beijing’s best hostels, offering everything a guest needs … and more! We take pride that our service standards are second-to-none, and guarantee that your stay will be happy, entertaining, memorable and excellent value for money. We prefer the personal touch when catering for our customers and staff are more than happy to chat with you, you can learn some Chinese and get the best tips for where to go and getting the best deals when out shopping or needing advice. We’re one of the very few hostels in Beijing to have a real bar, so the atmosphere is great for meeting fellow travellers and other guests, and we have a full tours programme to take you to the must-see Great Wall plus a variety of spectacular shows that are guaranteed to impress. Anything you need and we’ll do our very best to help! :)Our friendly staff are enthusiastic and able to help you with everything: most have years’ of youth hostel experience and are fluent in English as well as having leisure and tourism training and experience (some members are also qualified English tour guides). All rooms are cleaned daily and well maintained, with reading lamps, bed curtains, lockers in the dorms and drawers/cupboards/hangers/shower rails (+free towels +free shampoo and body wash) + hot/cold air-conditioners and extra blankets or a heater if you need. We have a 'quiet policy' for late at night so you can sleep comfortably, as although it's a fun hostel we still know our guests need a good night's sleep :)The hostel atmosphere is like a big family, being relaxed whilst being super-clean and tidy. There is a 24 hour reception + security and our staff are available around the clock to help with all your needs.In addition we can also help you book domestic and international flight and train tickets as well as being able to book you hostels throughout China.**We can also arrange fully tailored trips to Tibet at a guaranteed cheapest price**Facilities:- Web access in lobby (with Facebook when available!) with headphone / microphones / webcams + USB connections- FREE Web access in room - FREE Wi-fi in room - FREE Wi-fi in lobby - FREE library (good selection of Chinese/English/foreign language books and travel guides to read / swap 2-for-1 / photocopy)- Printing and photocopying service- Postal service + stamps for sale- FREE local, city-wide, national travel info- Phone cards + help to easily buy new SIM cards + recharge phones- CD/DVD burning - Taxi booking service to Beijing sites / railway / airport- onwards travel advice to other destinations- train + domestic/international plane ticketing service - Bicycle hire + bicycle tours- Cable TV - Kung-fu lessons from Beijing's award winning Tom Zhang- TV - Refrigerator - Secure key card access + lockers- Efficient laundry service - 24 hour security - Ensuite (western-style!) bathroom with hot and cold shower in all rooms- FREE towels + linen provided- FREE shampoo + body wash soap in all rooms- Ticketing service- FREE 24 hours hot shower- FREE hair-dryer use- FREE extra blankets + heaters in winter- FREE parking - Bicycle parking - On street parking - Late bar with daily special offers - Breakfast choice of American/English/Continental- Restaurant with Chinese + Western food menu- No smoking policy in our bar restaurant in the mornings before noon- Hot and cold air conditioning all rooms- Tours desk - FREE luggage storage - 24 hour receptionAccommodation InformationAll rooms are clean, warm and comfy - newly renovated and decorated. All rooms are equipped with modern security key-card access doors, 24 hour hot water, TV, western toilet and shower, and hot/cold air-conditioning. We also offer free internet connection sockets in every room, and free wireless throughout the hostel.Location InformationWe are located to the north-east of the Forbidden City, 10 mins walk east to Wangfujing shopping street and further 20 mins walk onwards to Sanlitun Bar Street. Out of the hostel on the right is the Dongsi Metro Station, you will arrive in Tiananmen Square in 4 stops and also 4 stops straight down to the Temple of Heaven. This Metro connects all the important places of interest including the Capital Airport, Beijing Main Station, Summer Palace etc.The hostel is also walking distance from the Forbidden City's North entrance and the famous JingShan Park, where from its hill top pagoda you can see amazing views over the Forbidden City and all of Beijing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Booking.com so you can book your Happy Dragon Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Happy Dragon Hotel Beijing