“Badeling” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Private Full-Day Great Wall of China Hiking Tour from Jiankou to Mutianyu
Ranked #55 of 373 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: we service covers great wall tours from half day to 5 days great wall package. Especially the one day great wall hiking from jiankou to mutianyu and great wall camping tours are the most welcomed ones!
Leicester, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Badeling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

One of the best places to go, have been and walked on the Great Wall three times now, one of the wonders of the world, have been in winter and summer, not so busy in the winter (-15 deg) but very busy in the spring (April) probably ninety per cent Chinese people walking as its a place they travel to even more than us europeans, they are all very friendly, you can walk with no fear, they are usually facinated with europeans and will sometime ask if they can take your photo usually with their child, its great fun and loads of cheap bargains to be had in local shops and with street sellers like three good quality tee shirts for about £2.

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sammamish, Washington
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Beijing Impression tour company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had a very good experience with Beijing Impression (http://www.beijingimpression.com/) tour company. I was in Beijing on business, and only had two days to sightsee. I did the one day private tour from Beijing to Xian by flight to see the Terra Cotta soldiers. I was picked up at my hotel on time, and the driver went with me into the airport to check in. The tour guide, Eva, was waiting on the other side with a sign with my name on it, and off we went to see the Terra Cotta soldiers, the Xian City Wall, and the Wild Goose Pagoda. Eva was very sweet, attentive, and knowledgeable. We did make a factory stop to see how the souvenir soldiers were made, but it was interesting. The next day, I took a tour of Beijing with tour guide Andi, and went to the Beijing Zoo to see the Pandas (which wasn't originally part of the tour, but which I requested when I booked the trip), then saw Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, and finally the great wall at Mutianyu, which was farther away from Beijing, but a very good place to see the wall. You can take a cable car up, walk the part of the wall with the best views, and then toboggan down! The tour guide tobogganed down with me. Andi was very knowledgeable and attentive as well. So, this tour company was reliable, did what they promised, and the tour guides and drivers were great. If I were to go back to China, I would use them again.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank LLRose
Rancho Cucamonga, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“itourbeijing.com--great tour company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We had the good fortune to book a two-day tour package with itourbeijing.com. We were picked up by car and guide at the dock at Tianjian, driven to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall, and then transported to our Beijing hotel. The car was new and beautiful and the driver and guide, Alan, provided us with excellent and caring service. We witnessed the Great Wall on a clear and sunny day and the panaoramic view was magnificant. It took is about 20 minutes to walk to the tram which took us up to the wall. We walked around the wall for 45 minutes and then took the tram back. As others before me stated, the hawkers will hound you with their merchandise. Most of the wares were cheap and not worthy of purchase.

The second day, we were picked up by Alan and our driver and escorted to Tianannmen Square and the Forbidden City before we were transported to Tianjian Port for our second cruise to Singapore. Our tour price included entrance fees, two lunches, and full transportation for a total of $700 USD. I would highly recommend both the tours to Beijing and the itourbeijing.com company. You will find that I an a "Top Contributor" to Trip Advisor with reputable contributions.

1 Thank mramos8556
London, United Kingdom
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Great Wall - Bedaling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We travelled for an hour and a half by coach (as part of organised trip) and stopped at Ming Tombs on the way. As it was Golden Week everywhere was busy! We took a cable car up to the Wall and the views were magnificent! I know we were lucky to have a clear day as people who went the previous day had said they were disappointed not to have seen more. We walked to the point on the Wall where you can then claim to be a 'Hero'. The walk is harder than it looks - quite steep. The photo opportunities are terrific. There is a small cafe for drinks as it was quite hot. Everyone very friendly and don't be surprised if people want to have their pictures taken with you - they think it is lucky! Even if you can't walk far it is worth going up. Some friends went to other access points and had much harder climbs. Some even came down by toboggan - the latest attraction!! At the bottom you can buy scrolls or medals which can be engraved with your names/date to prove you climbed the Wall. We were speechless and would have liked more time there.

1 Thank Persis647
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“calligraphy and paper cutting tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great tour. Our guide, Alice, was professional and knowledgable. We got to visit the drum tower and had a rickshaw tour of the hutong which we were not expecting. The only disappointing thing was that we only spent about 1/2 an hour on the papercutting and then about 2 hours at the end of the tour walking around the shops. It would have been better if we could have spent more time on papercutting (which was the title of the tour) than walking around (which we could have done on our own). Other than that I would have given it 5 stars.

1 Thank Irenic28