“FANTASTICLY DESIGNED FOR: SHORT STAY / TRAVEL DELAY” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Beijing Capital Airport

Hilton Beijing Capital Airport
Ranked #29 of 6,435 Hotels in Beijing
Frisco, Texas
“FANTASTICLY DESIGNED FOR: SHORT STAY / TRAVEL DELAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

My wife & I both are long-time executive business travelers, along with us taking our family on family vacations both domestic and internationally, so we have a tremendous number of comparative bench marks for the purpose of this type of review. We also both greet others with a smile, regardless of how tired we are, or how low the position of the person/employee we greet - we're all in this big world together.

We arrived in the late afternoon at the Beijing Intl. Airport. Once we retrieved our luggage and made it to the appropriate pick up area, our Hilton Shuttle arrived in less than seven minutes. The driver was very friendly, and even with me trying to help him lift a couple of our larger bags, he declined help and was gentle with our luggage. We departed immediately after boarding and our luggage was loaded. The trip from the Beijing Airport to the Hilton was approximately twelve minutes (light traffic). Once we arrived, the driver situated our luggage with the hotel Bellman. Driver did not request a tip, gave him one anyway.

Check-in was very efficient, and the front desk staff provided us all the information we asked for, along with some brief additional information about how often the shuttle makes their runs frequently.

Our suite was not equipped with the newest of décor, however it was still very presentable, clean – including & especially the bathroom, and WiFi was complimentary for us. I needed to get some e-mails done in a quiet environment, so the rest of the crew hit the pool, which was 'Ok', but a slight disappointment to our boys. However, it still did not stop them from playing in the pool for about an hour, so it still served the purpose. Additionally, it was a setting for a perfect ‘sleeping environment’; since our suite felt almost sound proof from outside audio influences. Bedding is definitely up to par by Western Standards, and we were all able to get some fantastic quality sleep, in a quiet setting.

Our check out & transportation back to our terminal the next day was just as pleasant of an experience.

SPA: No Opinion - Did not use

In Hotel DINING: No Opinion - Did not use

DRAW BACK: Price

POSITIVES: Frequent & Clean No Cost Shuttle – Hotel is Efficient – Friendly – Dependable WiFi

RECOMMENDATION: TRAVEL LAYOVER – YES

EXTENDED STAY ----- NO

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RGGCLG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Mountain View, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We did not stay at the hotel, but only went there for breakfast. The breakfast buffet is rather miserable. Maybe it should not be a surprise that the baked goods were not that good, but the dim sum was also below all expectations. You are certainly better of elsewhere.

In fact, if I stayed at the hotel and breakfast was included, I would still consider going elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Boonsboro, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

The motel is very close to the airport with a shuttle to Terminal 3 every 15 minutes. Ammenties were very good, nice exercise room, nice pool, beautiful rooms that were very quite, good breakfast and lunch with western foods available.

Dorset, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Firstly because the hotel made the airport shuttle info very clear and precise on the website (and indeed in the hotel after I eventually got there) it took me an hour and a half to get to the hotel. I arrived from Amsterdam and went to the spot where the aircrew were waiting for the hotel shuttle buses so I was definitely in the right place. The shuttle was supposed to be every 30 minutes. I waited over an hour. Gave up went on the airport terminal shuttle to the other terminal where the hotel shuttle was supposed to come every 15 minutes. The pick up spot was badly signed. I didn't bother to take the hotel phone number (no free wifi in the airport) but you should if you intend trying what I did. I arrived at 0550 on a Sunday morning and expected significantly better from an airport Hilton

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
BillFisherDirectorOP, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear JimmyDash,
Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your stay with us. I am disapointed to read that you had such difficulties getting to our hotel, and if we are at fault you have my sincere apologies and I will take corrective action on that at once. I have contacted you privately for more details.
We operate shuttle service 24 hours per day and in accordance with the schedule noted on our website. For terminal 2 arrivals between 11:30 am and 6 am guests must call or email for arrangements, but I am not clear if you arrived during this time.
In spite of such difficulty getting to our hotel, I hope you found the facilities and service of a very high standard and were able to enjoy your travels through China.
I wish you safe travels ahead.
Bill Fisher, General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

When getting older, my memory does not always serve me well all the time. I arrived Hilton Beijing Airport one day after the reservation. Tracy and Grace at the executive level provided me with the best service I can possibly ask for. With the help of Candy Tan, my reservation was revised and everything was settled.

Tracy and Grace also informed me all the happenings during my short stay. Even for a Chinese without language barrier, Beijing is still a big city to tour around. They gave me personalized instructions about directions to where I wanted to go. I feel both professional and personal touches in our conversations.

The room is, of course, impeccable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Shenyang, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

everithing was perfect, but the room. Restaurant, food, breakfast, coffee, all in the right Hilton level but the room had a problem. The lights were on all night long. I turned off many times and 3 mins later they were on again and again.

Gunpo, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

The room rate is quite high when compared with many available hotels in Beijing. However, the that high rate is worth paying. The room is very clean and comfortable. The week point of this hotel is the lack of free internet service. But, it can be solved by using wireless internet in executive lounge. It requires to pay additional 300 RMB for the upgrade to executive. But, it worth paying.