“good location for transfer”

Hilton Beijing Capital Airport
Ranked #27 of 6,462 Hotels in Beijing
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
“good location for transfer”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Even we arrived hotel at 1 AM, well welcomed.

hotel staff allowed to let my parents and wife go to rooms before check in finished.

well prepared for short time staying and free shuttle was ok.

just good if you stay for transfer.

Room Tip: ask rooms near the elevator. it's quite far
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hainesport, New Jersey
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I spent a night at this hotel, arriving one afternoon from a flight from the US, and leaving the next afternoon for a tour of The Great Wall. The section of the Great Wall I was visiting was north of the airport, so it was actually more convenient to stay here than at properties downtown.

For a nominal fee, the hotel offered a few different airport transportation options. I opted to take their free shuttle instead. A person bearing a sign with my name on it waited outside of baggage claim, and walked me to the shuttle bus outside. A few minutes later, I was on my way to the hotel.

As an HHonors Diamond member, I was given the opportunity to check-in at their second-flood Executive Lounge. After arriving at the hotel from the airport, the Bell whisked my bags away while I was escorted to the lounge.

At the lounge, I was invited to have a beverage during the check-in process. Above/beyond my room charge, a 2000 RMB hold was put on my credit card for incidentals. And even though I had no incidentals and it's been more than a week since my stay, the hold is still on my card.

I was upgraded to a King Suite due to status. I asked to be downgraded into a 2-bed room though since I was traveling with another. The room I ended up with was nice & well appointed, with a large spacious bathroom. The room was comfortable and quiet.

They recognized it was my birthday, and had a birthday cake and some chocolates sent up.

I went out in the evening and couldn't enjoy the complimentary evening cocktails and appetizers, but I did enjoy the Executive Lounge for breakfast the next morning. The food was delicious, with made-to-order eggs available along with typical breakfast buffet offerings, in both Western and Chinese cuisine.

Internet in the room, the lounge, and the lobby were all fast and reliable.

Overall, a very good hotel in a great location. If you have a long lay-over at PEK, I recommend this place to stay.

Room Tip: Even with rooms overlooking airport runways, the hotel is well sound-proofed; you don't need to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a large number of times since it opened. I have in the past given it glowing rankings as one of the best airport hotels in the world. As a Diamond member of Hilton, I have got excellent service and have had great experiences at this hotel. Unfortunately, it has had tremendous turnover and for the next six months as the staff are trained many aspects of the experience visitors may have will be bumpy - on my recent stay, this involved being given a room someone else was sleeping in (this also happened to someone else in my group), two cancelled guaranteed reservations, difficulty getting through to the front desk, slow check-out, etc., etc. The hotel is in a great place and it has wonderful rooms. However many aspects of being a good airport hotel go beyond the physical and include people and service and this hotel is now acting as closer to a 3 star than a 5 star. I was so frustrated by check out and the complexity of it (when people are new at things, they are slower and things go wrong) and I missed the shuttle bus (even though I was promised at check out it would wait for me and I ended up being on time for it) that I took my 70 kg of luggage and dragged it across the grass to walk to the airport instead of continuing to deal with the hotel's deteriorating service. Look, the Langham is roughly comparable to the Hilton and it may well be and probaby is a better choice for the next six months until the management issues at the Hilton are sorted out. The issues are so significant than even taxi drivers I was talking to were aware of them. I really hope this hotel gets its act together again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ghfatw
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed many times and consistent excellent service,rooms and facilities,superb buffet and reasonable prices.Much the best Beijing airport hotel with excellent shuttle bus service but T3 is lacking distance ,5 mins .Far superior to the Crowne Plaza which having stayed recently on this trip is to be avoided.

Stayed September 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 05.30am and early check- in was not a problem. Rooms are great and gym and pool open that early and great equipment, if limited English channels on the equipment's tv!
Breakfast buffet was very good. Shuttle bus runs on time!

• Stayed September 2013
Plymouth, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is one of the best Hilton and best hotels I ever stayed for business. Top class employees and great facilities. Also very convenient to comute from the hotel to airport. They have a great gym facilities and excellent Spa. Also great restaurant options. The food cost could be improved, but of very high quality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My two daughters and I flew in to Beijing from Seattle via Delta with the flight arriving at 11PM. My wife had already been in China for a couple weeks before us, so she was able to check in at the hotel and meet us at the airport using the airport shuttle. She had the shuttle wait for us, so we got right on which was appreciated after such a long flight.

Shuttle

As Delta flies out of Terminal 2, the drive to the hotel was a little longer than what it would be from Terminal 3 (you can actually see this terminal from the hotel). It took about 10 minutes to get from Terminal 2 to the hotel. It was very easy to find the shuttle, right outside of door 3.

Hotel

No issues with the front desk as my wife had already checked in, the kids and I gave our passports to the front desk for them to photocopy. Took about 2 minutes, and then we were off to our room.

The lobby itself is huge with a bar/sitting area in the middle. It’s almost too big, not very inviting as it’s big, cold and impersonal. On the bright side, lots of room for the kids to run around, and it would never feel hectic or chaotic due to all the space.

I immediately noticed the size of the hallways. Really the biggest I’ve ever seen, both wide and tall, and you could probably drive a small car through them.

Carrying through the theme of bigger is better, the room had the highest hotel room ceilings I’ve experienced, it made the room seem bigger than what it was which had a nice effect. The room was perfect in every way – we asked for two beds as we have four people in our family. Since our kids are still on the small side (7 & 10), we had ample room in each bed to sleep without having to get a rollaway. The bathroom is broken up into 3 sections – toilet, shower and sink/tub. The nice thing is that you can have 3 people doing 3 different things all in relative privacy. The room also had huge windows which provided a lot of natural light.

The hotel website talks about soundproofing and I can attest to the fact that what they say is true! We all had a restful night of sleep, and then the next day we watched airplane after airplane come in for landing outside our window, but the noise was minimal.

Restaurants

Very pricey, but without any viable options in walking distance, the hotel can afford to be expensive. My wife ate at Yue Shang and said the food was very good. We also had the breakfast buffet at 360 Casual Dining which had quite a variety of food, the staff was very friendly and attentive, but the cost was jaw dropping. $100 to feed a family of four, that is crazy expensive no matter where you live.

Swimming Pool

After breakfast we took the kids to the swimming pool, this is one of the best pools I’ve experienced in China without a doubt. It is a huge lap pool, the water was a decent temperature, and the changing rooms were very nice and included a steam room and hot tub. There was only one other swimmer with us for a short time, so we essentially had the pool to ourselves. The view of Terminal 3 is great, the pool is definitely one of the best features of this hotel.

Check Out

This was the low point of our stay and although the front desk clerks cannot be completely faulted, they could have helped me with the situation. There were two clerks and one line – I was standing there for 5 minutes or so when a woman ignored me waiting there and went to the desk and stood by a guy who was finishing up his checkout. Both the clerks looked up, saw me, saw her, and they knew she just walked past me. The guy checking out finished, and then the clerk proceeded to help the rude, inconsiderate woman who ignored the line. I have traveled to China many times, I understand that some people do not think they have to stand in lines as their time is more important than everyone else’s, so I proceeded to engage the woman in a discussion about her etiquette and her lack of manners. She said she was in a hurry, offered no apology, finished checking out, and walked off. I am a big boy and I can fight my own battles, but the clerk could have chosen to not serve her and instead point out I was there first. If people aren’t expected to queue up at the hotel, then put a sign saying “most rude and aggressive person will be served first,” and then let the guests take it from there.

Apart from the checkout experience and the expensive breakfast buffet, the positives outweighed the negatives. We liked staying at this hotel, and if we find ourselves arriving Beijing at night once again, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family