“Airport hotel, yet quite some distance”

Hilton Beijing Capital Airport
Ranked #29 of 6,547 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hilton quality means excellent for chinese reality. However, be aware that you need to wait up to 30 - 40 minutes for a shuttle from the terminal (depending what terminal). The ride is between 3 and 10 minutes.
Hotel itself clean and almost all staff speaks well english. As usual, wi-fi needs to be paid unless your are hilton gold :-( .
Fitness quite good, pool about 30 m long. Fitness equipment modern (but in general a small area).
I had problems but the manager on duty (an italien lady) solved them with a smile. Great - thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for close to elevator. They only have 6 floors but very long distance on each floor....
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Geneva2009

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Top notch in every way. Rooms are vacation quality with everything you can imagine. Health spa well staffed with all modern equipment. I ate at the bar and although not very bust the staff was great and the food adequate. Breakfast buffet the next morning was excellent.
If you cant stay in the city the night before departure this is the place to be

Room Tip: They are all good. I was on 4th floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had an early flight the next day, so booked rooms here on our final night in China. I must confess, we had quite a few nights of roughing it earlier in our trip through China, and half our party had some gastrointestinal issues during our travels, so we arrived tired and a little queasy.

What a luxury it was to land in this hotel! The lobby is gorgeous, more like a palace than a hotel. The rooms were exquisitely comfortable. The service was impeccable. I was so impressed by the staff at the front desk, where we were greeted by a young woman who spoke fluent English, Mandarin, and Italian.

The hotel has multiple restaurants and a lovely gift shop (where we spent the last of our cash on souvenirs). We opted for the Chinese restaurant, where our party of five was treated to a private dining room with our own personal wait staff. It felt a bit like "Downtown Abbey," and we loved the pampering. Amazingly good food -- and yes, we treated ourselves to Peking duck one last time, not to mention assorted other delicacies. No problems with gastrointestinal queasiness here!

Make no mistake, this was a luxury experience. I only wish that all hotels in China could meet the Hilton standard.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I arrived back in China after having nearly a month at home in Canada and was loaded down with luggage. I went to the Hilton counter in T3 and the young man immediately offered assistance to the hotel shuttle. Next morning I asked if someone would be able to help me with get my luggage onto the cart at the airport and the manager sent the bell captain with me. I was delighted that he remained with me through check in, assisted with extra baggage fee payment and then escorted me to security. Fabulous service! I felt like a celebrity! This was the third time I stayed there and it just gets better. I now put the Hilton's at the top of my list when searching for hotels and only stay at the Hilton Capital when passing through Beijing. Well done!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We can't understand why TripAdvisor.com doesn't list this fabulous hotel under the International Airport filter. This site makes it difficult to find. Too bad as this is the highest quality hotel at Capital International Airport.

We've stayed twice.

This hotel thinks of everything for the guest. Courtesy van pick up from Terminal 3 every 15 minutes. Transfer is an easy 3 minute ride. Bellmen greet you at the door. Front desk is courteous and efficient. Rooms are beautifully appointed and extremely comfortable. Quality bedding and linens. Luxurious bathrooms. All amenities are complimentary, including an iron and ironing board.

Free wifi in the lobby which includes the 360 Lounge.

The restaurants and bars serve quality food which westerners welcome. We especially enjoyed Jenny in the 360 Lounge. She was so gracious and intelligent to talk with. We thought she was a great ambassador for the hotel.

A welcome place to stay upon arrival and departure of Bejing. Hilton International Hotel quality which we expected, they delivered......

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had suite 6001. Views towards the famous T3 of PEK airport. It was a clear day so we could see the mountains in the back.

The room was extremely quiet especially given the fact that we are so close to the airport. We had good separation between the living/lounge area and the bedroom with two sliding doors. There was a separate bathroom for the bedroom and the living/lounge part of the room.

A shuttle runs every 15 minutes to the terminal (and takes about two minutes to get there).

The buffet at the 360 restaurant was very good. I had cigars at the Long bar, excellent list and fairly priced.

I would have rated it excellent but the carpet was a little bit dirty (stains).

We used the gym and the pool, both very clean and very well equipped.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here and was pleasantly surprised. Service is great. Check in and check out was fast an efficient. Staff were very friendly. And it's only 3 minutes from the hotel to the airport Realy. . The rooms aren't big but has very high cieling so it makes it feel much bigger. The bed was good but not the best. The staff other then the front desk are still struggling with their English or lack thereof.

In all its a great hotel I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012