“Great and it's free bring your passport”

National Art Museum Of China
Ranked #120 of 1,608 things to do in Beijing
Daly City, California, United States
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 403 helpful votes
“Great and it's free bring your passport”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Definitely one of the better art museums in town.

Had a blast looking at the different floors of art.

However if you are touring Beijing then I wouldn't recommend you coming here, this place is more of a place you go to if you live here or work here.

Summary-
While good, not worth your time if you are on a tight travel schedule.
Bathrooms-Normal and squatters

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“I LOVED IT”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I dont like to review attractions/museums because for me its what it makes you feel and thats very subjective. But this place caught me off gaurd and made me see China in a whole new light. This was at the end of my China and I wasnt expecting much. Yes, a lot of the descriptions are in Chinese but that did not bother me. Nor did I require the name of the artist, or year, etc. Art reflects culture and this art reflected a facet of China I had not seen in my entire trip. It was beautful, it was human, and it oozed political and cultural dimension that I did not expect from a national gallery in communist China. It's not the most beautiful museum, nor is it saturated with works you will recognize. But it gives you an oppurtunity to read between the lines of modern day China's tale.

Visited February 2013
5 Thank rnevarez562
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Free and really cool.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Probably one of my favorite things that I've done in Beijing. My fiance and I stumbled upon it after leaving the Palace Museum and we didn't have it on our list of things to do, but when we asked how much it was for tickets she asked for our passport and gave us free tickets. I guess it is free to everyone with a limit of over 3,000 per day. The art in here was really amazing and it was a nice air-conditioned thing to do on a really hot summer day.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Hassan A
Tongatapu Island, Tonga
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A quiet restful place, with lots to see.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Take your passport for a free ticket and enter the world of art. We were lucky to see Spanish sculpture - Picasso included, video art, a competition sponsored by China Railways, glass works and more traditional and revolutionary art. In other words - its full of surprises and probably continually changing. Not too many visitors and almost no other tourists made us an attraction. The gift shop is not a rip-off - though of course more expensive than markets. The cafe has fantastic green tea selections and is good for a rest. Once you've been to T Square once, do you need to go back? NAMOC is definitely with repeat visits.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Silvafox59
New York City, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“worth the relentless security queues”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

After seeing the long lines in the hot sun to get in I almost turned away. Once inside I was rewarded with one of the best collections of chinese art, both ancient and contemporary. I can't recommend this museum highly enough, simply one of the best attractions in all of Beijing. The security was almost an attraction by itself, but enough said about that.

Visited August 2012