“Just a place to stay”

Ranked #3,354 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
fremont,ca
“Just a place to stay”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were offered complementary stay at this hotel as part of flight connection arrangement. It was basically a place to sleep. Nothing around this place can be reached by foot. It is a countryside. I will definitely not going to stay here if I have choice.
Nothing much in the room, one water pot for boiling water, a few tea bags; one hair blow dryer; and teeny tiny shampoo, barely enough for one person.
Smoke smell everywhere. On the bed head, there is a sign, no smoking please, but on the coffee table, they do supply match and ash tray. So I guess there is no non-smoke room. We have asked to put our two room next to each other, we got 110 and 111, which is across from each other at the first place, and still not directly across. It is about 5 rooms apart. I have checked with front desk, the answer is that is all they can do. Very disappointing.
Front desk do have english speaking receptionist. There is internet access in the room through ethernet. In the front desk area there is wifi. Standard room has two twin size bed, room size is decent. Heating is good, and there is hot water :D.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Got stuck in Beijing on a 1 day stopover ,and due to the hourly stay hotel at the airport being booked out , was recommended this hotel by the staff at the airport due to its location nearby and it's complimentary 24hr free airport transfers.
Checking in was ok, as I'd already paid the deposit at the airport help desk (remember to keep the receipt for proof). I was allocated a room on the ground floor. The room itself was large and clean , bed was ok comfortable ,but the services werent so great. WiFi was accessable only in the lobby. No mini bar. The onsite restaurants mentioned in the hotel brochure ( Oriental, Western, Four seasons etc) were a joke as only one existed- the Four Seasons Restaurant. Opening hours for this were from 7am-10pm. I tried going there for a meal at 6pm to be told they weren't open yet?? Tried again at 7 and was allowed in , only to be served the poorest meal I've come across in years. I wound up buying an icecream and some coke in the small onsite shop to fill the gap.
The walls must be thin here as I got woken up in the afternoon by the noise from a tour group in the lobby about 50m down the hallway so it might pay to ask for a room on a higher floor.
The free transfer between the hotel and airport was punctual with about a 15 minute transfer time .
All up I'd probably stay here again but It'd be worth checking out alternatives .

Room Tip: Get something on an upper floor as the rooms on the lower floors can be noisy
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ando243
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed one night at jinhangxian international AirPort... It was not planned. Air china had delays in our flight from Saigon to Beijing, which caused us to miss the air china connecting flight to Mongolia. We were dumped at this hotel.
We were provided a set menu lunch which was rice, chicken, veggies.... The food in the plane was better. The hotel staff was just pointing us were to sit, their attitude was disrepectful. We had to ask for drinks. We were provided a tiny glass of HOT water.
The room was simple, not clean as expected. I was happy to find toothbrush and toothpaste. Very noisy environnement.
Trying to keep busy (we had the end of the morning and all afternoon to kill) we explored a couple of options:
1) Tv.... So Many channels! promising... Not really. Out of circa 50 channels, just one boring Channel
2) gym... There was agym.. Very old equipment, not air conditionned enough to do anything
3) going to cbd.... Only way is to go back to airport and thengo to city from there...
4) exploring options with the concierge?.... "no English" did theconcierge reply... Do not They have the word "international" in the name of the hotel?
5) nothing around the hotel
Really that s an hotel you do not choose to stay there, you are dumped there by an uncareful airline.
Just avoid.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Frances C
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Not by choice,but by default..........weary from more than a five hour delay with Air China and having missed my Stateside connection,I was sent to this hotel courtesy of Air China flying First Class.Fog persisted around the capital a minibus was found and I was taken a 10 minute drive and arrived at this hotel.Very modern having recently been built some 400 yards off the main street in an Industrial zone,where you have zero facilities around you so you are there for the duration.

Check in was crazy and room rates from a standard at 680 Yuan to their deluxe suite at 1680 Yuan,I was told Air China expects passengers to share rooms and the voucher was good for half a room,I negotiated with the front desk,paid the equivilant of US$110 more and got their suite,a dark corridor and finally the room,suite it was not more than adjoining rooms filled with heavy furniture,a desk with a model aircraft, a fridge and two folding single beds.......don't go he said feverishly this door goes to your bedroom which was no more than a standard room.

Too tired to argue I decided to go downstairs to the restaurant as a meal was to be included,upon arrival I was met with a rude gesture show the key,sit,eat there is the buffet,I walked around the large room and viewed the offerings which were almost empty with no heat they consisted of egg and tomato stew now cold,spring rolls that had stuck together the remains of bok choy,rice and some stew mix with fish and meat balls,the drinks were empty and coffee stale.At this point they showed a hand saying no more now eat!

The al a carte you pay you pay,was the only alternative..............I was happy to pay "THE" menu looked interesting from cold pigs ears and other Chinese favourites,some I recognised down to a sushi platter this I ordered but was so disappointed on arrival the copied the picture perfectly but the fish selected was still frozen into ice cream blocks and totally bad and stale.A stir fry worked as an alternative and a beer.just as I was about to leave an entire plane load of people arrived and fought over the buffet remains whilst the staff looked on.

They barred my exit and said you pay, you pay now...............................they refused me signing to the room,I left and thought how I should leave but found no taxi service available till morning
The rooms were I have to say spotless,but not up to a suite standard and well not the greatest and the extra money I paid secured me for the night without having to share,very very basic and don't count on being understood as a Western guest this is the undiluted China.The TV had 52 channels and not one in English,only broken English to the point of wasting your own time was spoken,my reaction was when I left in the morning so bad that I will never fly Air China again and hope never to have to think or see this hotel from Hell,again...............................

Room Tip: The hotel is Air China's answer for delayed passengers.built on an Industrial site and unfinishe...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank talentpicker
Beijing, China
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I found this place quite unpleasant as you can hear all the people talking in the lobby, the shower leaks water so its quite dangerous in the bathroom, and noise outside is also quite loud. If you are a light sleeper I would not recommend this place although I was placed here because of Air China so this was not by choice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Folsom, CA
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I am writing this review from my room in the hotel. Like many others here I ended up stranded in Beijing overnight and this is the hotel that the airline sent us all to. If you are considering this for a vacation stay, I would say find something more convenient unless your business includes something near here, of which there is nothing.

I asked a woman at the front desk where there was a mall nearby. She said "Ah, nothing near." This is true. The ride from the airport took about 20 minutes, and judging by the distance from here to the next point of interest, it would take you a good 40 minutes by taxi to get to anything of interest, other than the airport.

The hotel itself is nice enough. Those who describe it as "dirty" are exagerrating. The hard to clean spots (like the window sill nooks and crannies, and the shower door rails) are pretty dingy, but beyond that, everything is acceptably clean. So other than the fact that you will probably never choose this hotel, but rather end up here by the airline's choice, it is a nice enough place to stay. The TV does have one English language channel. I think all the rooms are smoking rooms.

I had the complimentary breakfast and I think it was fine. It was pretty standard hotel buffet quality food, much of which I didn't recognize. The "orange juice", though, appears to be Tang, and it is served hot.

Most of the staff seems to speak passable English, and after a couple of back-and-forths, you should be able to find what you want. Which, if it includes anything outside the hotel, is nothing.

This hotel's sole reason for existence seems to be to warehouse stranded travelers for the night. There really is literally no other reason to be in this place. The one thing of interest you can do at this hotel is take the shuttle back to the airport.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Toronto
Reviewed November 11, 2010

This is the hotel where those who have been stranded by the untimely flights of China Air come to land for a free night stay.

A dirty cigarette-smoky shuttle bus takes passengers to the hotel without any paperwork or vouchers and tired flyers show their boarding passes and check in for the night..

In short, this is the most disgusting hotel I have seen. Not only did the entire hotel reek of decades of cigarette smoke, the hallways and rooms were dirty, carpets stained, lighting dark, and atmosphere creepy. Lone travelers who are stranded are told that they will be required to share a room with a stranger, so not to worry if in the night another person enters the room. Located in an industrial area, the heat was low and the first-floor window didn’t close properly. It also seemed to me that families might live there full-time; some doors on the first floor were left ajar, and groups of children were screaming and playing while their family members spoke loudly and smoked. There was a dining area, with a buffet that I certainly didn’t try.

Going into this hotel is like participating in a bad film, and it is likely that if you didn’t already have a headache from the flight and the run-around afterwards, you will get one by the time you arrive in your hotel room.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business