“Convenient Like Home”

Ranked #49 of 6,462 Hotels in Beijing
Beijing
“Convenient Like Home”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Due to the working reason, I spent most my time in Beijing in this hotel. 3days per week and 4 times per month. Each time I checked in, there is always a special gift waiting for me, it's not big surprise, sometime it's fruit, other time may be beverage, but it always made you felt warm in heart. For me the most warm thing is the smile from their staffs, no matter they are in front desk or executive lounge, everybody got familiar with me and we greet just like brothers and sisters.
It's nice and clean, rooms are big, it's also very convenient for air port, US embassy, Lady's street and Beijing CBD. Each evening I sit in the lounge enjoy the happy hours, I felt it's somewhere just like my home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Neeraj_Govil, General Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Lv P from Beijing,

Thank you for your comments. We are very happy to know you had an enjoyable stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Neeraj Govil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Antonio
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed in this room on my friend's Marriott points. The room was so large, I think we could have roller skated in it. They brought in a 3rd bed for my daughter and all were very comfortable. Huge LED TV with english channels. Huge bathtub AND separate shower. Overhead rain shower as well as handheld shower. blow dryer, shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion in the room. Great breakfast. Loved everything about it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 7barb,

Thank you for your compliments on our products. We are very happy to know you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Shanghai
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We chose this hotel because it's very close to the airport freeway and we have an early morning flight to catch. It's only 25-30 minutes drive to Capital Airport. I didn't expect too much for a nine hour stay, but this hotel surprised me positively. All staff were very nice and showed geniune care about your feeling. Breakfast at the lounge has a good variety of choices, though the lounge is a bit too busy in the evening.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Neeraj_Govil, General Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Ivwei1123 from Shanghai,

Thank you for you comments with regard to your experience. We are eager to welcome you back again during your future trips to Beijing.

Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights in August and that was the best stay that I ever experienced in Beijing! The big difference between this hotel and other hotels in Beijing that I've stayed is the staffs. They were warm and attentive from the time I entered the lobby, check in, breakfast, happy hours at the VIP Lounge, to my departure. A small technical issue in the room was resolved fast. The service overall made me feel like I was in a small luxury boutique hotel in Bali rather than a business hotel in the big city.

Overall a nice hotel stay experience! Again, the warm service attitude of the staff making the big difference. I really felt welcome! Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear The_2013traveller from Bali, Indonesia,

It is a pleasure to make your stay comfortable. Thank you for you kind words. We look forward to being of service again soon.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I did not really know what to expect from this hotel when I learned that I would be staying here for a work trip. It turned out to be excellent. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. There are always several of them at reception\concierge ready to help. I asked to change my room from a double bed to a single king size but was told it was better not to change because I had a very big room. It was one of the biggest rooms I've had in Asia with two double beds, sitting area and work area (for an outstanding rate with breakfast included). Great bathroom too. I stayed here four nights. The service at the restaurants is excellent. The breakfast and lunch buffets are very very good both in terms of quality and service.

Not all hotels in Beijing are like this - even 5 star ones. The service is often hit and miss. This one is spot on.

As for location, it depends on where you need to be.... its a huge city. There are better locations for tourism.

Spa is expensive.

Dear Fed S from Geneva, Switzerland,

Thank you for your valuable comments. We are glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and hope to have your stay again in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott and would like to acknowledge the staff of the hotel for their integrity and honesty. I checked in very early on a Sunday morning and still half asleep took my money belt off and put it under my pillow instead of in the safe. I know a silly thing to do. However, next morning in my haste to get off to the conference I was attending I forgot about my money belt and soon realised that I had left it behind in my room under my pillow. I phoned the hotel and was assured by several staff that it would fine, safe there and not to worry. I really wanted to get back to the hotel to check but was not able to do so. During the course of the day I was reminded that my money belt was safe and would be there when I got back to my room. To my delight there it was safe and exactly where I had left it. Morale of the story don't leave your money belt under the pillow however knowing that it was safe assured me that I was staying in a first class hotel and would definitely come back and stay again. Thanks Marriott Northeast for knowing that your staff can be trusted and that I was in safe hands.

Dear PAAust from Melbourne, Australia,

Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent experience. We pride ourselves on our integrity and honesty and are glad we could be of service.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

First trip to Beijing from Sydney for a conference and had a very enjoyable stay here. The room was very spacious and the bed extremely comfortable after long days. Soundproofing was excellent - one of the best I have ever experienced. Bathroom was very luxurious and enjoyed the deep bath on several occasions. Disappointed a bit that the US Open was on but no TV channel to cover it. Breakfast was outstanding - there was something for everyone. Staff were friendly and always had a smile. English was not a problem with the staff. I had a particularly frustrating IT issue which initially was handled by telephone but when I requested an in-house expert he was at the door within minutes - great service! Easy walking around the area. Wish I could have stayed longer. Thank you for a lovely experience.

Dear Gayle1308 from Sydney, Australia,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! We hope to have an opportunity of being of service again during your future visits to Beijing.