“Great stay”

Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast
Ranked #46 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott Beijing Northeast on business travel. The staff was very friendly and accomidating. The rooms were very spacious and clean, with large flatscreen tv's and very nice bathrooms. The indoor pool was nice, with a waterfall at one end. The breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Neeraj G, General Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Yahblo from MD,

The team and I are delighted to read your generous review of the Hotel after your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward in being of service again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed at the Beijing Marriott Northeast on a business trip in July 2012. I arrived after midnight and was quickly checked in and taken to my room. My room was spacious and clean, and the bathroom was quite nice. The hotel lobby is spacious and clean and the Indian restaurant on the second floor was much better than I had expected for a business hotel. I have Marriott Rewards status and the "Executive Level" lounge was a real treat. They treated us so well there and the food was wonderful. Full breakfast cooked to order in the morning and enough food for a complete dinner in the evenings, along with beer, wine, soft drinks, etc. The only negative experience I had was in connection with a tour booked by the concierge. I would recommend that you independently book a tour if you are interested in seeing some sites in Beijing, as our tour which was supposed to include the Forbidden City and the Great Wall ended up being a series of attempts to get us to buy junk at local "factories." Not the fault of the hotel, necessarily, but worth noting. All in all, I'd recommend this hotel and I plan to go back there on future business trips.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear AtlantaTraveler3 from Atlanta,

Thank you for sharing your experience and we are delighted to receive such a great review. I will share your very positive comments with the team. Our apologies for the challenges relating to the Tour and we will work with our Tour operator to ensure immediate improvements. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels to Beijing.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed here for business for two nights in June 2012. Upon arrival, at about 9:00 pm, I was greeted immediately and my bags were gathered and taken to check-in. Everybody with whom I interacted spoke English well. Check-in was fairly quick, which included a brief description of the hotel’s facilities (lobby bar, breakfast buffet, restaurant).
The room was large and pretty luxurious: polished travertine bathroom, low-pile carpet and dark cherry wood in the bedroom area, modern sculpture in the entry way, a nice-sized desk and a very comfortable bed. Two bottles of water were provided (per day), free of charge. Although room 1809 is right off the elevator lobby, I heard no noise from that during the night. I did hear street noise early in the morning; the large ceiling to almost floor windows (CAREFUL – there’s a step in front of the window) are not sound proof, but the blackout curtains help reduce the noise a little. The A/C worked well, I set it to 19°C (66°F) when I arrived and had to turn it up to 21°C (70°F) about two hours later. It was not loud when it cycled on/off.
The bath is interesting: a clear glass wall that looks into the bedroom (see photo). I presume so you can sit in the tub and watch television. There are wood blinds that lower (electrically) to provide privacy. The bathroom is well appointed: hand & bath soaps, bath gel, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Also provided are toothbrushes & toothpaste (2), a razor & tube of shaving cream, a comb and a shower cap. There is also a rubber bath mat to use in the shower as the travertine floor can be a bit slippery when all soaped up. The shower height was great! The handheld adjusts to over 7 feet, and there’s a rain head, too.
The breakfast buffet is excellent. There is a large variety of Eastern & Western foods including bacon, ham, very good cold cuts & cheese, a couple of congees, fried rice, baked beans, fruit (including fresh dragonfruit!!), some pretty good Swiss Muesli and made to order eggs. On the far side of the restaurant you’ll find waffles, pancakes, pastries and ICE CREAM! The green tea ice cream (looks like guacamole) is really excellent. All of the ice cream is super premium – high fat. The only improvement I would make at breakfast is to be able to get more than one cup of coffee.
Check out was a little slow; there were four agents, two per line, working at about 9 A.M. It looked like a couple of the people were checking in, so maybe that was the reason for the delay.
I will definitely stay at this hotel again, not only because it’s directly across the street from the business I was visiting (at Eagle Run Plaza), but because of the upscale comfort and service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear JandB_Phoenix,

Thank you for such a positive review and we are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your feedback with the team as well as the below par experience you experienced at breakfast and during check-out. Thank you for sharing very positive comments on the food quality and all our facilities. We look forward to your next stay with us soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Nice staff, helpful and they get the job done! Breakfast is good, the only problem is the loud music everywhere. But we asked to turn it down and it was done immediately

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Alexandre L,

Thank you for your comments and sharing your experience with regard to our service and food quality. We will review the volume levels of the music in our public areas and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

What an awesome and stylish hotel. Everything is new, clean and very, very modern and can I say this word again??? It is a very, very stylish hotel. The room is very spacious, the lobby is great, the bathroom is large and stylish and also very clean.

Huge comfortable bed, huge TV....what is there not to like about this hotel?? The location is clearly indicated even in the name of the hotel and for me it was in relative close proximity to everything (airport and downtown by taxi are quire reasonable).

Staff was great as well, very helpful and attentive. They even asked me what I think about the temperature in the lobby. All in all this is a hotel I highly recommend and I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel when next in Beijing.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Appreci8life
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Appreci8life from Melbourne, Australia,

We are delighted and humbled to receive your compliments regarding our facilities and service. We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon during your future visits to Beijing. Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

even though a lot of people complain about the location, I think its great. Very close to the Airport and only 10 minutes away from downtown. Beautiful new property, nothing outstanding but everything nicely decorated, functional and in the look of a new Marriott.
Level of english is extremely high throughout the staff from FO, Restaurants, Room Service...
Pricewise quite a good deal most of the time. Stayed now in a few Marriott properties in Beijing and this one will be my favorite from now on.
Special thanks also to William Yosanto from FO, very helpful and efficient during check-in and -out, where I had a few difficulties...
Will be back for sure and can only recommend it to everybody who isn´t bothered by the location

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Neeraj G, General Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Sebastian_Schmitt from Shanghai, China,

Thank you for sharing feedback with regard to our facilities and service. We are very pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us, your comments will be shared with the team, in particular your recognition of William Yosanto. See you again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Kind of awkward location just outside of the third ring road is not really bad but it's hardly central either. Traffic on the third ring road can be horrible at peak times, so it's not always an asset. Rule of thumb for Beijing is that it doesn't hurt to pick a hotel based on where you will be most of the time you are there, and so the Marriott is best located relative to the northeast corner of Beijing.

Rooms are decent, but nothing special, with no views of note whatsoever (typical for all but a handful of Beijing hotels). Clean and functional.

Staff was friendly and helpful, while the gym was decent.

Only major gripe would be pricing was about 10-15% more expensive than similar 5 star hotels (Westin, Hilton, etc.) that are in the immediate vicinity, so do shop around if you can.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tnu
Neeraj G, General Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2012

Dear Tnu from New York City, New York,

Thank you sharing your experience and your positive comments on our staff service and friendliness. Though we regularly review our pricing in line with the market, this would vary depending on demand especially closer to the date of stay. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to being of service again in the future.