Starway Boutique Tianan Rega Hotel
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
$201
Prime Hotel(Beijing)
$120
$94
Agoda.com
All reviewswangfujing streetforbidden citygreat locationtour officebusiness officenational museumwalking distancesnack streetnight marketno windowclose to major attractionstranslation appwifi speedmetro systembasic roomsteamed bunssmall street
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were very pleased with the Tianan Rega Hotel. No location could be better if you are visiting Beijing for the first time to see Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, Museums, Temple of Heaven, Wangfujing Pedestrian Street, etc. We had the good fortune to be upgraded to a suite so the rooms were excellent. In general the hotel was clean and inviting - up to the expectations of a Westerner. The staff at the front desk spoke adequate English - what they might have lacked in vocabulary was overcome by sincere enthusiasm for answering all of our questions. The quality was a bit better than I expected for the cost, considering the location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Tianan Rega is located within an easy walk of Tienanmen Square and the Forbidden City in the centre of Beijing, which is it's main outstanding advantage. Rooms are acceptable, although more to be recomended if on a budget. My 4th floor room was very dark since it's window was directly facing opposing building. Bed, bath, coffee, safe and mini-bar are all there and reasonably clear (seen better, seen worse...) although as others have mentioned somewhat worn out at the edges.

Overall I think I would come back for the location or if on a tight budget, otherwise chose some of the other big hotels dotted around central Beijing.

Room Tip: Chose a high)up room facing the street for extra quiet and daylight.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Round_Earth
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel sits a block or two off one of the main streets through Beijing. It is easily within walking distance of Tienanmen Square, the Forbidden City, shopping, restaurants, subway. The staff is helpful and many of them could speak English. The "business center" had a concierge that also spoke English and was very helpful. The room was about average, maybe a little better. Beds were comfortable and room was pretty clean except for the carpet, which was actually quite dirty. I would recommend bringing a bar of soap, a wash cloth and extra toilet paper. There was a restaurant serving a buffet breakfast which was good with a lot of variety. There was also a restaurant on the roof which was a pleasant place to have a drink and some dinner. The view was nice - if the pollution wasn't bad - which it almost always was bad. We were able to leave our luggage there while we took the train to X'ian and came back a couple of days later. That worked quite well. Walk a couple of blocks and you can catch the subway almost all the way to the Beijing West Train station where you can catch the train to X'ian to see the Terracotta Warriors. We took a taxi to and from the airport to get to this hotel. It cost about $50 USD from the airport because they put the two of us in a van. We let the concierge book our taxi for the return trip and it cost much less. For the price, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher floors had less street noise. We were on the fourth floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank walkfree
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed here one night on business. The hotel is a little dated and worn, but it was certainly all clean enough. It would be a decent hotel if you are trying to see Beijing on a tight budget. It's a fabulous location, literally a 5 minute walk to Tianamen Square, The Forbidden City and also The National Museum.

There's no pool or spa area and also no gym, but that's probably reflected in the price which I thought was very good given it's location. Breakfast was fine (nothing more) and there's enough available to stop you going hungry. If you're not keen on the local breakfast fayre, there's McDonalds and Burger King nearby. The hotel is also pretty well located for shops.

There's a rooftop terrace bar with views to Tianamen Square but I didn't use in the evening as I was out for dinner and drinks.

Overall, I'd say it was good rather than very good, but average might have been a bit harsh. But certainly ok if you are on a budget and don't want to spend £125 per night. Cost for this place was around £70 per night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dyet92
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I could not reccommend this hotel more! Absolutely great location, less than a 5 minute walk from Wanfujing and its subway. About a 15 min walk to the Forbidden City/Tiananmen square. Great value for money, the room was a very pleasant surpise for what I paid and was cleaned daily. What stood out most was the outstanding customer service- anything you asked was answered helpfully. I made the mistake of leaving my phone in the reception's toilet (not in my room) and even though it was the hotel's public toilet, when I called in a panic from the airport they knew immediately that it was mine as they knew my room number. The had called the last person on my phone list for information. Such great and lovely staff- they posted it to me in Shanghai on express delivery. A massive thank you to manager Joshua and Hellen who helped me very much with travel arrangments and advice. Will definitely be staying here if i'm in Beijing again. Reccommended to all!!

Room Tip: Try for a window room as mine was quite dark, but this wasn't a major setback.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo