“A Great Night Tour”

Side-car Motorcycles Trips - Beijing Sideways
Ranked #52 of 392 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Beijing Sideways provides you with a sideways look of China, Beijing and its surrounding.Aboard our vintage sidecar motorbike, we show the Beijing we love, without the crowds.This form of transportation allows us to be very flexible with our exploration, stopping easily whenever necessary, a very close proximity with the city and countryside where you can «almost touch» anything you see, but above all it’s a sightseeing wonder! Did we mention it’s extremely fun?
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I took the 2-hour Beijing By Night Tour. It was extremely easy to book, and our guide picked us up from our hotel on time. Our guide was very funny and knew the city well. He showed us some great places to go during the rest of our time there. I found the trip to be very safe, and our guide went out of his way to show us the beautiful sites by night. I would definitely take a tour with this company again!

3  Thank Sara C

Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you have the time to spend a day at the wall I would highly recommend this tour by Sideways. We had the best time. The guides were extremely friendly, personable and seemed to have as much fun as we did! We will deffinatly book another tour with them in the future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I visited Beijing again in April 2013, after having lived there in the past...
After a recomendation by a friend, i contacted BJ sideways to do a full day trip: Going to the Great wall at Mutianyu in the morning, then visiting Beijing for 4 hours in the afternoon.
Again, I remembered the city from 3years ago, but what a surprise it was!
From hidden off the map hutongs, to lesser knowns market in South Beijing, then back to more famous places and temples, it was a perfect match and allowed me to see so much of the great city in such a short time.
On top of it all, our italian guide was friendly, had a lot of insider stories to tell and allowed us to avoid all the heavy traffic in Beijing.
Had I closed my eyes I would have felt like on vespa in Rome.
All in all I would recomment this to anyone, and I would travel like this anyday, anywhere in the world!

5 stars!

1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had an amazing trip with Beijing Sideways. I chose the full day Great Wall excursion and everything about it was superb. I know that it's a pricey choice, but after hearing about other "nightmare" trips to the "Disney" version of the Great Wall, I can totally justify the expenditure. My guide, Ricardo, was wonderful (very personable, well-informed, and an amazing cook). Also, each stop and every moment of the trip was eye opening. More than just a trip to the wall, I got to see a lot of the Chinese countryside, something I never would have experienced on a bus tour. I should mention that as a female traveling alone, I felt entirely safe the entire time, an important factor! Overall, this is a fun, adventurous tour that not only leaves with you great pictures, but unique stories and memories.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I took this tour based on so many rave reviews on TA and we were not disappointed. Gael and his team of professionals made this trip convenient and fun. We started our day being picked up at our hotel in Beijing and promptly took off through the side streets towards a remote section of the Great Wall. Along the way we were able to see and interact with the locals in a way not possible besides driving yourself. Gael's knowledge of the area and experiences allowed us to experience the Great Wall and its surroundings in a way that made this trip much more memorable. Most people who visit the Great Wall will go to Badaling, which is a heavy tourist area and is expectedly crowded. On our trip we were afforded the opportunity to take pictures in 360 degrees without anyone else in the photos. If you've been to an Asian city you'll understand and appreciate the feeling of solitude and serenity that comes from getting away from the crowds. Our tour lasted about 10 hours and included lunch on the Great Wall. Gael prepared a simple but excellent French-inspired meal complete with wine. We can't say enough good things about this tour. Definitely a must for anyone who wants a unique and personal trip to the Great Wall!

2  Thank JCDestinations