“A real life view of Beijing and the people that make it so special.”

Side-car Motorcycles Trips - Beijing Sideways
Ranked #72 of 442 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Beijing Sideways provides you with a sideways look of China, Beijing and its surrounding.Aboard our vintage sidecar motorbike, we show the Beijing we love, without the crowds.This form of transportation allows us to be very flexible with our exploration, stopping easily whenever necessary, a very close proximity with the city and countryside where you can «almost touch» anything you see, but above all it’s a sightseeing wonder! Did we mention it’s extremely fun?
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Ask for Yves. Get the champagne option and make the very most of this fantastic adventure. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and beyond wonderful. The smiles you see on the locals as you drive through the hutongs is as amazing as the ride itself.
Go with family or friends and you'll have a memory that you'll revisit for years to come.

Thanks Yves!

"day trip"
in 30 reviews
"an adventure"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 8 reviews
"bell tower"

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We did the tour in June 2011, and it was a fantastic experience !
Everything was great, the side cars were fun, the drivers really kind, and the most beautiful part of course was the wall : Only us to climb, a must !
Food was nice as well, even with some wine !
I will always remember Bejing by side car, the feeling of freedom , the view of everything , even if I was a bit scarred before going, all is pretty safe
It does worth the price, only once in a lifetime...the wall deserve it !

2  Thank peginlondon
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I did the all-day tour of Beijing in a side-car motorcycle : it was FUN and it was GREAT!
It was a fantastic opportunity to visit the whole town in a row and be thrown in very different ambiances in one day.
I did it the first day of my arrival and it helped me organize my time in Beijing (5 days), select the places I wanted to visit thoroughly without running everywhere trying see everything.
Last but not least : the drivers/guides have been really nice and helpful.
The only drawback : I found staying in a car a little bit claustrophobic after driving the whole town in the open air !!!

My advice : DO IT!

1  Thank HenryDanielle
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Myself and my sister did the trip while visiting Beijing and it is one of the most memorable trips i've done. The guide Gael is an interesting Frenchman, who will take you to a part of the wall not thronged by tourist, we hiked part of the wall with our group of about 10 people and I think we met a total of 4 other people (elderly chinese people out for a stroll). We stopped for some very tasty lunch provided by the host. We trekked back down to be met by the motorcycle guides at the other end. We stopped off the olympic village to see the sights and arrived back into Beijing and drove around the front of the Forbidden City which was amazing. Note: Where appropriate clothing and footwear, the trip on the bike is quite chilly so bring scarf or hat. Also is you think your guide is going too far ahead then let Gael know, make sure you feel comfortable that your driver is staying with the group and not going to fast. Worth the money for a once in a lifetime trip to a unique part of the great wall.

2  Thank Eimes30
See more reviews
Reviewed August 1, 2011

As an ex-pat in Beijing, I was looking for something my family would enjoy as well as our out-of-town guest. We'd all been to the Great Wall many times, but never to the particular location visited by Beijing Sideways. And I figured getting there on a motorcycle would add to the fun. It was an excellent choice and everyone--aged 7 to 57 loved it! Having lived in Beijing a number of years, I was really surprised how pretty the scenery was just outside the city--and even though it was foggy, it was fun to appreciate the scenery from the surprising comfort of a side car. We appreciated the clouds when we climbed the steep section of the Wall, and enjoyed a very good lunch in an old watch tower. The clouds cleared enough for us to get a great view, and then drenched us on the very steep and slippery-when-wet climb down the Wall. However, the good humor and advance preparation of the guide and drivers kept us all laughing even as we suffered a flat tire and a flooded engine on our way home. if we had this much fun in terrible weather, it must be awesome when it's clear. We highly recommend this to both residents of Beijing and visitors and plan to do the two-day trip before we leave China.

2  Thank Yifeng