“Too much fun, even in the rain”

Side-car Motorcycles Trips - Beijing Sideways
Ranked #73 of 456 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Beijing Sideways provides you with a sideways look of China, Beijing and its surrounding.Aboard our vintage sidecar motorbike, we show the Beijing we love, without the crowds.This form of transportation allows us to be very flexible with our exploration, stopping easily whenever necessary, a very close proximity with the city and countryside where you can «almost touch» anything you see, but above all it’s a sightseeing wonder! Did we mention it’s extremely fun?
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 1, 2011

As an ex-pat in Beijing, I was looking for something my family would enjoy as well as our out-of-town guest. We'd all been to the Great Wall many times, but never to the particular location visited by Beijing Sideways. And I figured getting there on a motorcycle would add to the fun. It was an excellent choice and everyone--aged 7 to 57 loved it! Having lived in Beijing a number of years, I was really surprised how pretty the scenery was just outside the city--and even though it was foggy, it was fun to appreciate the scenery from the surprising comfort of a side car. We appreciated the clouds when we climbed the steep section of the Wall, and enjoyed a very good lunch in an old watch tower. The clouds cleared enough for us to get a great view, and then drenched us on the very steep and slippery-when-wet climb down the Wall. However, the good humor and advance preparation of the guide and drivers kept us all laughing even as we suffered a flat tire and a flooded engine on our way home. if we had this much fun in terrible weather, it must be awesome when it's clear. We highly recommend this to both residents of Beijing and visitors and plan to do the two-day trip before we leave China.

2  Thank Yifeng
"beijing traffic"
in 22 reviews
"picnic lunch"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews
in 54 reviews
"helmets"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed July 31, 2011

this is a really amazing thing.
first it was easy to get a tour with people that talks englisg because i dont speak chinesse
then i met this great people (the ownners) they explain me everythin about china and ask me what i was looking for, so they had like 5 packages or more i dont know, but they have videos. and pictures of everything and know where do u need to go just talking with you.
so i took the wild great wall tour and stay a night on the great wall, i thought it was impossible at the next morning i woke up and saw the sun drawing the great wall
i recomend this trip is great, is not expensive once you realized the amazing things you have done. and its save. but the most important thing ... is fun! ..

greetins.
Miguel

2  Thank miguelvillacreses
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I went on a 2hours night tour with a friend and we really enjoyed it! Even after 3 months in Beijing, our guide, Yves, was able to show us some unknown places. He also shared his own expat life and we had a really good exchange.

Highly recommended for some visitors who are in town during couple of days to discover the real Beijing experience!

1  Thank Julianito
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I really enjoyed the fact that it was not a program tour, we were free to go to different places and stay for as long or as short as we pleased. Sure the Great Wall is impresive and full of tourist, but we were able to go to Hutongs (where the streets are so narow, a bus will not get through) since these vehicles are very small and get to know the real Beijin and it's culture and it's people.
I strongly recommend you try this side-car motorcycle ride to really get to know Beijin. It was an excellent expirience!