“Beijing by night - Great experience!”

Side-car Motorcycles Trips - Beijing Sideways
Ranked #72 of 442 Tours in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Beijing Sideways provides you with a sideways look of China, Beijing and its surrounding.Aboard our vintage sidecar motorbike, we show the Beijing we love, without the crowds.This form of transportation allows us to be very flexible with our exploration, stopping easily whenever necessary, a very close proximity with the city and countryside where you can «almost touch» anything you see, but above all it’s a sightseeing wonder! Did we mention it’s extremely fun?
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I went on a 2hours night tour with a friend and we really enjoyed it! Even after 3 months in Beijing, our guide, Yves, was able to show us some unknown places. He also shared his own expat life and we had a really good exchange.

Highly recommended for some visitors who are in town during couple of days to discover the real Beijing experience!

1  Thank Julianito
"day trip"
in 30 reviews
"an adventure"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 8 reviews
"bell tower"

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I really enjoyed the fact that it was not a program tour, we were free to go to different places and stay for as long or as short as we pleased. Sure the Great Wall is impresive and full of tourist, but we were able to go to Hutongs (where the streets are so narow, a bus will not get through) since these vehicles are very small and get to know the real Beijin and it's culture and it's people.
I strongly recommend you try this side-car motorcycle ride to really get to know Beijin. It was an excellent expirience!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I could never imagine the amazing experience we had, at first I was hesitant to go on a tour so different as this one, specially since it was in side-car motorcycles; but I don´t regret it at all. We get to see places that are not listed in touring guides (also the ones listed) and with personalized guides. I totally recommend you go to Beijin and take this trip, it was very liberating and fun. thumbs up ;)

Reviewed July 28, 2011

It's amazing how easy everything turned out. I found this experience to be unique, you get to really know Beijin (the city and its surroundings) It is different from your tipical tourist trips. They take you to traditional sightings but also to places you don't get to know through google. Also it is very exciting to be riding a sideway motorcycle, a truly adventure. I highly recommend this experience, it is worth every penny.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We took two boys on this trip. The gudes showedup one hour late. Although the tour was a lot of fun. It was not worth it. At least several times they rode down the wrong side of the road and my son and I almost ran into a bus and a car. I am taking the time to do this in hopes of letting other parents know what they are getting themselves into..a head injury in bejing is worth avoiding

1  Thank ruckus55
Traf, Propriétaire at Side-car Motorcycles Trips - Beijing Sideways, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2011

I am happy to read that you had fun.
But I am also sorry that you had the feeling that you could risk a head injury. Hopefully nothing of the sort happened. By the way although not compulsory, we always have helmets available. I understand that you feared that you would run into a car or a bus, you could have the same feeling in a car or walking in the street in Beijing: traffic is not the same here, but it's slow.

In our 3 years of business in Beijing and Shanghai, we are proud to report more almost 10000 passengers... including many children and even infants... and not a single injury.

Our bikes are safe: we are on 3 wheels, so no risk of sliding or falling. We have added modern disk brakes on these vintage bikes. As they are old vehicles, we also never get on speed. We are there to explore the city, not to race around. We ride at an average of 25 km/h (15 mi/h) with a maximum of 60 km / h (37Mi/ h) on our way to the Great Wall.
Our drivers are all experienced on both the bikes and the local traffic.

I'd be happy if you contact us directly to let us know what really happened.