“Budget hotel near metro”

Orange Hotel (Beijing Jinsong Bridge West)
Ranked #1,480 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Location of the hotel is kind of weird, as others point out it is located inside a residential district, by inside I mean it is a small building being surrounded by a residential estate. Most taxi can only stop on the side and then you have to go through a gate (which is partially torn down) and walk to the hotel, it is probably less than 100 feet but weired, it is like sneaking into others backyard.

Lobby looks alright until you turn around the corner and noticed cracks on the wall. Once you made it in-room it is okay, the room is clean, decoration is in-line with a 2 stars motel, in fact I should say it is probably better than most 2 stars (7 days, Hanting etc). Room is very small with limited hanging place, and defintiely no place for you to lay out your luggage.

Bed is on the hard side, sleeping quality is ok but since my window opening up to the parking lot, I might as well have their windowless room (as I have to close my curtain all the time or risk having a local staring at my laptop from outside).

Service is typical 2 stars but at least you are rewarded with a smile here and there. They have in room internet but wifi is very weak and basically non-existence.

Biggest pro for this hotel is probably its close proximity to the Jinsong metro station, which is just around the corner, so you can get around town pretty easy (especially during peak hours where you can stand around for an hour for a taxi).

Hotel is definitely targeting locals, guests who don't speak Chinese might find it a bit difficult to communicate and location can be a curse if you are on taxi (no one really knows where this is, best bet is to ask driver to take you to Jinsong then walk).

Personally, I probably would not return (only choosing this as it is closer to my friend's home) but I do consider this a decent 2 stars. If you are tight on budget and can speak Mandarin (without too many luggages), this is a decent choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at the business buite on the 3rd floor supposedly non smoking. However, one of the biggest problem for us is the smoke smell in the room. I felt that I couldn't breath and had to go buy air freshener. Internet is not working properly at all. We could only go on several Chinese website and google but most website we couldn't get on. We like the concept of the hotel and the decor is very modern. Staff is very helpful. However, they really should enforce the non-smoking policy otherwise. There's also problem with room cleaniness as I found the phone headset very dirty. We had to move out the next day due to the smoke and the internet issues. The whole hotel chain is not very family friendly as no extra bed for kids. However, we liked the location of this hotel which is in a quiet residential area and has several super market around.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want a non-smoking room or internet to work properly
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is the 2nd time I stay here, and I managed to get a room in the non-smoking floor. But there are still smoking from this floor. The rooms next to mine smoke the whole night, and even on the hall way. And the hotel staff cannot do anything about it. What is the point of having a non-smoking floor if there are still people smoking on the floor?

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel's main picture does not lead anyone to imagine the rest of the immediate surroundings. It's filthy and an odd location. No taxi driver wants to drop you off with your luggage in front of this hotel because they can't. You need to haul your stuff about a 150 yards from the main Ring road 3 to the hotel. More akin to a student hostel than a hotel. The staff speaks no English and has little interest in providing service to FOREIGNERS. This hotel is mainly for local Chinese. STAY AWAY if you are from the west.

Room was okay, but the see through bathroom was odd. You cannot adjust the room heat, so it stays a chilly 65 degrees.

The location is not bad as it is close to the Jinsong subway station.

Better hotels to be had for this price or just a bit more. I would recommend staying at a known western brand and saving yourself the aggravation.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you are a foreigner.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2012

After hearing so many great reviews of the place from the internet, we decided to book the place for our entire stay in Beijing. Little did we know how big of a mistake this proved to be. It was snowing the night before we landed in Beijing, so the airport shuttle to get to the hotel was really dirty and slow. The place was not very noticeable niether from the main street, being located in a residential blocks of units. However it was very close to the subway and supermarkets.

We booked our room 3 months in advance, having only been told on the night that we arrived that the delux twin non smoking room has not available, and was asked to either go to a double bed 1 room or go to the smoking twin room on the ground floor with no windows. On the 4th night that we got here, I realised that $100usd and $500rmb was missing from my cash wallet which I have placed inside of a bag in the hotel room. After reporting to the staff, they did not do much besides telling us to wait. The lack of progress for them to find the relevant person who was responsible for stealing was to much to bear, so we called the police the next morning and went to the station for a statement.

Overall, the location is really great, but the staff were not very helpful and after the stealing incident, we would definitely not recommend this place for anyone who was looking forward to a relaxing and stress free holiday. It greatly ruined out impression of China and the overall mood of our hoiday, would definitely not be going back.

Room Tip: Definitely ask them and confirm shortly before arrivng that you are receiving the room that you have...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The location of hotel is great, 3 min walking distance to subway station, supermarket etc. But the service is just terrible. I booked a non-smoking room like 3 weeks ahead, but I was told there is no non-smoking room left when I checked in. So they put me in a smoking room on the smoking floor, and promised me a non-smoking room the next day. When I come back after work and approached the counter for a non-smoking room, they told me they did not have that request recorded, then ask me if I can downgrade because that is the only non-smoking room they have left. Then I switched my room with a downgrade, but I later found out the internet is broken in that room. After 30 mins with their staff running in and out trying to fix it, it does not seem to resolve the problem at all. I needed the internet for work that evening, so they put me back into the initial smoking room. This is a terrible experience and I will not be returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We picked this hotel due to its proximity to the subway line. I intended to get here from the airport by subway transfers. But since it rained alot during our 2-night stay, and the amount of luggage we had, we ended up taking a taxi each way.
Be sure to have hotel directions written in Chinese for the taxi driver, in addition to a map. Our driver did not seem to know where it was, even with the hotel address written in Chinese. He did not seem to know where to go until I showed hime a map of the subway, and pointed to the subway stop it was closest to. Even when we got to the subway stop, he did not know where to go.
Luckily I was looking for the hotel logo....it was only when I spotted the hotel on my own that he stopped. Since he seemed confused, we walked the rest of the way through an opening in a gated fence with our luggage to the hotel entrance.
I picked this hotel based on my experiences with an Orange hotel elsewhere in the city, and because we were only here for two night en route to North Korea.
For those wanting to stay in Beijing longer, I would suggest picking another Orange hotel with better reviews and a bit closer to the action.
Having said that, the room was clean and adequate, although small.
Had no problems with hot water or the AC.
Since taxis are so cheap anyways, in the future I would just take a taxi to and from the airport. Do NOT pre-negotiate the taxi fare with front desk staff, as this will likely be higher than the metered rate (we learned this the hard way the last time we were in Beijing at a different Orange hotel).
Beijing is a great place to visit, and a shopper's paradise. For those interested, I know of hidden gem locations to shop that are much better than the touristy, over-priced Pearl and Silk markets (which sell AUTHENTIC brand names). The trick is to check out the street-side stores along the main streets, and close to the touristy markets.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple