“Birthday lunch with work colleagues”

Beersmith Gastropub
Ranked #30 of 13,335 Restaurants in Beijing
Description: The only modern gastropub in Guomao’s CBD, Beersmith Gastropub serves up to 12 speciality and seasonal beers and ales daily. Tuck into a menu of hearty western pub food for lunch and dinner, and catch your favourite sports game on the big screens throughout the lively dining area.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've been coming lately too eat here as it's close to my office, so I decided to spend my birthday here having lunch with my colleagues. Best decision I could made. Not as much for me, as I already knew how good the food was. It was more for my colleagues, that they all enjoyed it. Hearing to a colleague, that for the first time in 4 years I was able to convince to eat outside, saying the salad she ate was fabulous, made my birthday. Of course, all the food they are was praised. And the attention and service because of my birthday was also to thank. And last but not least, BEST FRIES IN BEIJING! The Beer Battered Fries they do... only to eat them it's worth it go.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (166)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I work in the same office complex as Hotel Jen and Beersmith. I have been going to Beermsmith off and on since it opened given the options in the area and the notion that an international hotel (with admittedly nice aesthetic) would be a pleasant choice.

The Beer: meh
Cocktails: terrible (no knowledge)
Set Lunch: good (but see service below)
Dinner: food is just okay and service (below) remarkably slow and often orders screwed up.
SERVICE: atrocious. I literally just now sat for a set lunch with menus for over 30 minutes. No one working there so much as looked at me. Yes, this is China but this is also an international hotel. This always happens here. I do not understand how it continues.
Live Music: so loud, so horrible (typical hotel bar).

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Service was fast, music was great and the atmosphere overall was really good. Would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a good time in Beijing

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Very nice bar with excellent live music and good drinks. Staff is kind and helpful. Would recommend!

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

Had an amazing time here! The service was fast and efficient and the band was great! Would highly recommend this place to anyone!