“Fairmont Top Experience”
Review of Fairmont Beijing

Fairmont Beijing
Ranked #16 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Having had the opportunity to first sample the Fairmont's experience when I stayed in Singapore I was keen to see if their standards would differ in China! Answer to that was most definitely no..... great comfortable rooms and great service throughout the hotel. Breakfasts were brilliant with variety every morning so there was always something different. Enjoyed their Spa.
They were renovating the pool though so was not able to experience that- not that we had time with all the sight seeing we were doing....what a city.. so rich in history and heritage!
The shower in the room was just fantastic!
The toilet was heated....a bit strange but you could turn it off!

Room Tip: we stayed on the 9th floor and our room overlooked the front entrance of the hotel... as it is in th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Joe H, Director of Front Office at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear CSMProflight,

Thank you for such a great review! It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! You're right, our breakfast is indeed very delicious! I'm very happy that you had a chance to experience Willow Stream Spa. It's voted as one of the best spas in China. I hope you also had a chance to try our restaurants, especially The Cut. It's voted the Best Steakhouse in Beijing by numerous local city guide magazines. We hope to see you back in Beijing again, soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,549)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay for 4 days at the Fairmont Beijing last month on a business trip and I have to say I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The service at the hotel was amazing, my room was beautiful and extremely comfortable, the food was delicious and the amenities were perfect. One of the real standouts from my chip was the gym and pool facility. I was able to work out during my stay and at times was able to forget that I was there on business and not just on holiday. I also hosted an event in one of their banquet rooms and it was phenomenal. My guests were very please and the food was delicious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will always have it as my first option if returning to Beijing in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear charlenehoward2,

Thank you so much for such a great review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed our pool facility so much! Beijing is just a bustling and it's great to hear that we were able to help you relax a bit. We hope your business trip was a success and to see you back in Beijing again, soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I hesitated writing this review because what I have experienced is SO not in line with the great reviews I have read, and I was really disappointed by my stay.
I stayed 4 nights at the Fairmont for business. I was traveling with an important Customer from Switzerland, owner of a beautiful 5 stars hotel in Luzern. I insisted to book us at the Fairmont, based on the amazing reviews I read, and the personal high standards of my guest.
First the check-in was disastrous and completely un-professional. The young assistant took a long time before he could find my guest's reservation, and greeted me with a "you need to pay" when I had a fully prepaid AGODA voucher. It certainly didn't impress my guest.
After cumbersome talks, we were finally given our room keys. The rooms were OK but definitely nothing amazing with views on an ugly concrete building that required us to close our curtains most of the time for privacy.
The young assistant bothered me again through the phone for my guest's reservation, and it took me a long time to get things sorted out. Ugh.
We then wanted to have a bite in one of the hotel's restaurants, most were closed except for the Chinese one. Service there was un-enthusiastic and slow, waitress bluntly stating that some of our dishes were not available (but not offering any other option), then once we picked something else, rudely telling us that this kind of dish would be "be very slow to arrive" (!!!). Again it was a very un-professional attitude and I started to feel extremely embarrassed towards my guest: after all I had insisted to book us at the Fairmont.
On the positive side: the Chinese food was succulent. The flavours and presentation were great, sometimes with a modern twist, and we have especially liked the Beijing duck's makis.
Last, the location has nothing remarkable. There is nothing fun to see within (reasonable) walking distance, no restaurant, it's DEAD. The only good point is that it is close from the business district.

All in one, I would certainly not stay in this hotel again, and it put me in a very difficult position with my guest.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Acidinmyfridge
Reviewed September 29, 2013

On a recent trip to China, we stayed in the wonderful Fairmont Beijing. The rooms were great and the service was very nice as was the food in the hotel restaurant. The most outstanding aspect was the swimming pool that was located on the skybridge to the other part of the hotel across the street. It was many stories above the street, well-appointed, and never busy. It was delightful after hot August days in this great city. The hotel is also very close to the subway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe H, Director of Front Office at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear greentree33,

Thank you for the great review! I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us during your trip to Beijing. You're right, the pool is really great. It's the perfect place to relax after a long day in Beijing. We hope to see you back with us again, soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The service was very attentive and nice with us and the kids! The suites are very spacious, comfortable, clean and the bathroom is amazing (my kids loved the toilet seat!). Beautifully decorated! If you are going for tourism only, he location is more business like.

Room Tip: You you are a familly of 4 like we are, you should get one of the suites. Also staying at the Fairmo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Joe H, Director of Front Office at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear LuluAugusto,

We're happy that you enjoyed your stay, especially the service at Fairmont. The rooms are very nice and you're right, the toilet seats are pretty fun for kids. I hope you and your kids were able to enjoy the pool and spa during your visit. We hope to see you back in Beijing again, soon!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

It was an outstanding service, you feel spoiled by them,...even with children!!
we were at 20th floor at gold area, they have a lounge where you can have food, drinks (even prosecco, wine or beer) between 5 and 7pm..It is so nice to have such a rest after hours and hours walking...
they have an excellent spa, best in 2012 upon travel+leisure magazine,and it is really worth to go!
Decoration is ok, but not extraordinary, but if you want great service this is your hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Joe H, Director of Front Office at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear silviabcn11,

Thank you for the great review! I'm very happy that you had a chance to enjoy the Gold Lounge on the 20th floor. You're right, it's an absolutely perfect place to relax and unwind after a long day of walking around in the city. I'm glad that you had a chance to enjoy our WillowStream spa! They offer the most amazing massages that leaves you feeling relax and ready to take on more site seeing in Beijing. We hope to have you back with us again, soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I arrived at the hotel on 3 September for a 10 day stay. Was greeted by the staff by name and check in was a breeze. In fact I was shown my room straightaway while check in was done by CiCi, who personally took care of all the checking in details.
I had on a few occasions ordered in room dining and the service was superb. Time taken to deliver is very prompt and the food is excellent. I dined at "The CUT" restaurant. I must say the whole dinner experience was greatly enjoyable, not only the food is excellent. Ther service was superb.
As i was there on a business trip, I did not have the opportunity to make use of the many facilities that the hotel has to offer.
But overall, I rate service as of paramount importance as this speaks of the management's philosophy towards customer service, which is excellent in this case.
Fairmont Beijing is definitely a hotel i will come back to whenever I visit Beijing again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HolidayCNY

Dear HolidayCNY

Thank you for the high rating. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We're very happy that you enjoyed your dining experience at The Cut. It's continuously rated as the Best Steakhouse in Beijing by many local magazines. We also have an amazing spa that I hope you have a chance to experience the next time you're in Beijing. Hope to see you soon!