“best hotel in beijing”

Ranked #17 of 6,450 Hotels in Beijing
vancouver
“best hotel in beijing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We recently returned to stay at the Fairmont Beijing for 4 nights.
This is a wonderful hotel , the staff is always warm and welcoming .
The location is perfect, walking distance to the silk market and a very easy cab ride to
all the tourist destinations.
I personaly enjoy the swimming pool and work out facilties.
We look forward to our next visit
Thank you!

2 Thank onlycarryon
Emily L, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you've enjoyed you stay at the Fairmont Beijing once again.
We always strive to provide the utmost service and hospitality. Thank you very much and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards, Emily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed during Easter for 4 nights (29/3-1/4/2013). We paid extra to upgrade to Fairmont Gold. The service is excellent with great help of the Gold staff. The staff are pleasant, well spoken English.
We tried the Willow Spa with 90 mins massage. It was so relax and a nice one after a long walk from the Great Wall. Next time we shall try the gym and swimming pool.

There are some minor comments on the services might help a little for improvement:
1. Agreed with some advisor's comments about handling the luggage. There aren't anyone helping with the luggages into the rooms upon arrival.
2. No one refill the tea bags after used up although I could call up the housekeeper.

Room Tip: Must stay in the Gold
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe H, Director, Front Office Operations at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear WinnieSiu,
Thank you for your excellent review and feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us during Easter and was satisfied with the service provided in Fairmont Gold. It’s wonderful that you were able to experience the Willow Spa but I do hope you have the opportunity to utilize our heated swimming pool and fully equipped fitness facility on your next visit.
Furthermore, I would like to sincerely apologize for the service issues you encountered with us, specifically the luggage and refilling of tea bags. Please note that your feedback was well received and both issues will be used as a training opportunity so this does not happen again to future guests. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you in the near future.
Shanghai Region, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

In my opinion, the Fairmont Beijing is the best hotel in the city. Though I haven't yet had the pleasure of staying in one of their rooms, I have been there on more than several difference occasions simply because the food is delicious, ambiance is luxurious and simultaneously comfortable, and the service is so personable and kind. And did I mention that their Willow Stream Spa is three floors?!? The Cut, despite serving steak that melts in your mouth, also as incredible seafood. Their new chef, Chef Andreas, is a genius in the kitchen. The last time I went to have dinner there, I left it up to him to create a menu for us. The way I look at it, it really could have been a horrible experience, but it was far from it. The mean was outstanding! And I think I enjoyed the entire experience even more because I was able to talk with the chef and see who was cooking my food. That leads me to the next, and probably more important reason why I love the Fairmont: the level of customer service is by far the best I have ever experience at a luxury hotel. I always feel so welcome and comfortable when I'm at the Fairmont. I even had the pleasure of meeting their GM! I mean, cmon, how many times does your average customer get to meet the GM of the hotel? He was so pleasant and such a funny man that I wish I could have stayed longer. Regardless that I wasn't even a guest at the hotel, I felt so welcomed to be there. I hope that one day I get to actually stay in one of their rooms!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tjchang,
Thank you so much for your positive review and sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that you had such a pleasant dining experience with us. Our new chef, Chef Andreas is truly a great addition to Fairmont and we’ve been receiving a tremendous amount of positive feedback regarding the service and quality provided at The Cut. Furthermore, I am happy to hear that you had the pleasure of meeting our General Manager, Michael Ganster. Mr. Ganster truly enjoys spending time everyday engaging with our hotel guests in the lobby and different outlets. This is truly something special and emphasizes our passion/desire to know our guests. In the future, I do hope you have the opportunity to stay in one of our multi-functional luxury rooms. The rooms are large, convenient and extremely comfortable. Again, thank for your wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is really a home from home in a very congested and traffic ridden city...excellent rooms and bathrooms with little extra touches....even a heated loo seat...
The staff are friendly and helpful...
Try the steak house...sublime...onion rings a must.
Overall a great experience.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PenguinTuk
Dear PenguinTuk,
Thank you for your kind words. I am very happy to see that you found our location convenient during your stay. I have taken the opportunity to share your compliments regarding our service with the staff. Again, on behalf of the hotel, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Beijing.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I travel frequently to Beijing on Business assignments and stay at my second home the Fairmont Beijing. This hotel and the mangement have managed to consistently deliver an unsurpassed level of warm and friendly service as well as excellent accommodation.

I normally stay in a gold room which is equivalent to a club floor room with benefits inclusive of daily breakfast, afternoon tea, evening coktails, lounge access, etc. This level of accommodation offers a very personalised service that caters for my personal and business needs. The staff are always willing to assist with any request or service. I highly recommend this level of accommodation.

My favourite restaurant in the hotel is The Cut; a steakhouse that serves some of the best steaks in Beijing. And the new chef has really pushed the bar in terms of creativity and consistent quality experience.

The breakfast is great too, it caters for all palates with an ample selection of healthy choices.

The location of the hotel is not as central as other hotels but is very close to the silk market and other amenities. on the other hand, taxies are not expensive and you are only a very short ride to the city centre and major attractions.

I would like to congratulate the Fairmont management for doing such a formidable job in maintaining a high standard of excellence and consistent level of service. In particular, I would like to thank the general manager Michael, the front office director Joe and the director of marketing Karen for making my stay at Fairmont memorable. Well done guys!!!

1 Thank Relwaw
Emily L, Manager at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Ramon,
Thank you indeed for your extremely positive review. We are very pleased to hear that you've enjoyed our award winning Executive Lounge the Gold Floor and our restaurant The Cut in which remain as favorites among our guests. We appreciate the compliments you gave to our General Manager and our colleagues who made your stay truly special. We look forward to be of service in the future. Best regards, Emily
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was in the new (ish) Fairmont last week in Beijing and though it ticks all the boxes for a luxury hotel in China, the experience overall was a bit underwhelming.
First the positives:
They've has obviously put a lot of time and effort into the design of the rooms as they're stylish and have some nice high tech touches. The bathroom alone was bigger than some rooms I've stayed in in NYC! The lobby is pleasant enough but somehow feels a bit soulless and could have been any one of countless counterparts in hotels throughout the world.
Breakfast is served in the lower level restaurant which probably felt like a good idea to the management but comes across as dark and a little strange. Though there was everything you could want, the organization was confusing and the layout a bit odd. Its a different restaurant in the evening, so applying a buffet breakfast style in the morning felt a bit like a valiant effort at repurposing a room designed for a different eating experience. I had access to the club floor for breakfast which was airy and pleasant so my experience wasn't that bad.
The lobby bar is very expensive and best avoided though there isn't much choice in the area so you're a bit stuck..
My biggest complaint is the time it takes to get an elevator. There are only four and they seem to take an age to arrive. When I was there a tour was in the hotel jamming the elevators at peak times ( breakfast) but my experience was they seemed very slow throughout the day.
Overall the hotel ticks all the boxes, but seems expensive and unremarkable given the other options in the city ( St Regis for instance.)

Emily L, Manager at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking time to post your complimentary review and constructive feedback on the Fairmont Beijing. Indeed the stylish design of our guest rooms and spacious bathrooms remain as luxury amongst our guests. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Fairmont’s Gold Floor. We will share your constructive feedback with the relevant team to ensure a positive experience on your next visit. Thank you for staying with us. Best Regards, Emily
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I just checked out of the Fairmont Beijng !
If I can give a 6 star - rating - in a heart beat I will give the Fairmont Beijing - 6 Stars!!
From the moment of check in - Leann Hu - seemless and most welcoming, how refreshing after a long flight ..
Congrats to team Fairmont Beijing - Bravo !!
Impeccable service, attention to detail - subtley executed...
I experienced genuine warmth from every member of their team during my entire stay !
Definitely Best of the Best and no doubt, I am counting my days to return to my ""Home Away From Home""...
Annie Kwok, Canada

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Joe H, Director of Front Office at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Annie K,

Thank you for such a great review! It's so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Each and every one of our guests are important to us and what we want more than anything is to make our guests feel at home. I'm touched that you will think of Fairmont Beijing as your home away from home. I hope to see you back with us again, soon!