“Nice hotel”
Review of Fairmont Beijing

Fairmont Beijing
Ranked #14 of 6,530 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights and the hotel was very classy. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms especially are also impressive. Breakfast needs more improvement the spread is weak. I was very impressed while checking out the staff dealing was something I had never seen in hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank akshaygrover
There are newer reviews for Fairmont Beijing

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I must say that I had a very different experience that many of the other TA contributors. This is not a 5-star hotel - it is not built like one nor is it operated like one. The location is not ideal - not close to anything important or on a main road. The lobby is small and relatively dark - only 8 chairs to sit down on. The elevators are slow. The overall layout is unusual. It's just not built like a fine hotel. Operationally, things don't always work well here. The service is OK - but nothing special. When I checked in, the toilet in my room did not work - and it took them 20 minutes to figure out that they needed to move me into another room. The room was clean - but not the same level of cleanliness that I experience at a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton. Food in the club on the 20th floor was mediocre. Yes, I was in a Junior Suite on the Gold Level - but that just didn't make at any nicer. Think twice before you book - there are a lot of nicer hotels in Beijing.

4  Thank SuperTraveller2222
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I LOVE the rooms here! Beautiful bathroom and very nice amenities. It was our honeymoon and we have received roses and chocolates in the room! That was a very nice touch. I loved the TV in the bathroom and the amazing toilet with buttons attached (haha). The shower and bathroom were also very nice.

The rooms are very well maintained and cleaned. The service here was also excellent. The concierge was amazing. He had helped us with many things and told us some history of Beijing.

The front desk manager Xavier was extremely helpful and remembers us every time we walk by the lobby.

The pool was very nice but I think there was too much clorine there because my skin hurts after I swam. This is the only complain I have.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. I highly recommend this hotel. The location is also very good, close to subway and the Silk Market. It was a really fun trip.

Room Tip: Both our room and our inlaw's room were fantastic.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WhistlerPerson
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The experience was excellent, the food outstanding & the service sensational. I called the Housekeeping for a special amenity at 6.30am in the morning, they offered to go and buy my requirement at a local shop in the meantime they called the Spa to check , withing 10 minutes they delivered just what I needed to my room

Room Tip: Worth going for the Fairmont Gold level with nice extras
3  Thank janetcon
Reviewed January 17, 2013

What a fantastic place. The rooms are very elegantly designed with comfort and style in mind. The staff are ready to jump to help you out with anything you need. The location is fantastic with the Silk Street Market a hop and a jump away. We easily walked to Tiananmen Square and had a fantastic day just exploring. The gym at the hotel is great as are the restaurants and lounge.

The hotel manager, Mr. Ganster, holds a reception once a week to meet with guests which I thought was a fantastic thing. It was a pleasure to meet him and get to know him. Just like the reception, I find it's the little extras that make or break the experience of traveling and with the Fairmont Beijing it's all about those extras.

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this property/experience. Truly world class.

Thanks for the wonderful stay.

1  Thank Mountain M
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Living 1/2 time in Beijing now and the Fairmont is my home away from home. Comfortable big rooms, good room service and food. Quieter and smaller than many of the comparable hotels which I like. The staff is always warm and friendly. Any little maintenance issues are rapidly dealt with. Not a grand impressive lobby but a more than adequate lobby bar. Nice pool and spa that are quiet and almost private.

It may seem a little out of the way as it is not connected to any of the big malls but I also like that a lot. There is still quite an authentic Beijing neighbourhood a stones throw from the hotel It is a 5 minute walk to Yonganli subway and the number 1 line which runs up and down Chang'An.

Taxi drivers are learning where it is and even if they have to chase down a cab in the street it takes no more and perhaps less time than the lone lineups at the other hotels.

Room Tip: Gold Junior Suites are worth it and great
1  Thank marekw
Joe H, Director, Front Office Operations at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear marekw,

Thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor and awarding us with the highest ranting! We're so happy that Fairmont is your home away from home! The location of the hotel gives you an opportunity to get to know the real Beijing. The authentic Beijing neighbourhood that you had a chance to visit is full of delicious local eats. We're so glad that you had an opportunity to explore the surroundings! Hope to see you soon, welcome home!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Excellent hotel. Very confortable and luxury. The rooms are very well equiped with warm floor even in the bathroom. Decoration is amazing! Very good location close to the subway station Yong'an li. The only issue is for a 5 star hotel in Beijing they should provide free internet access in the rooms.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple