“Amazing hotel”
Review of Fairmont Beijing

Fairmont Beijing
Ranked #20 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed June 25, 2011

The best fairmont I ever stayed at. Best service ever.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Enigma5
Write a ReviewReviews (1,594)

Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed at the Fairmont Beijing last week, on our first trip to China. It was truly a great experience. Not only was the room lovely, air conditioned and really comfortable (only soft beds in China!), the service was impeccable. The concierges knew English, were extremely happy to help, and even booked our flights to Xi'an for us. The other staff were just as good, we were approached by a staff member who overheard us talking about Chinese yo yos and had found a store within walking distance that offered them. Especially on our first trip to China, the hotel was a perfect oasis of air conditioning and comfort. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. My only complaint would be the 15 percent service charge that was sprung on us at the end of our stay. Make sure you know all the charges! Overall, a GREAT hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Evelyn1139
FairmontBeijing, Manager at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Fairmont Beijing and for the positive comments about our hotel facilities and our service. I was especially pleased to hear that our concierge colleagues were helpful during your stay.

I also noted your comment about the 15% tax and service charge, this is the norm for all hotels in Beijing and should have been noted on your reservation confirmation and at check-in. My sincere apologies if it wasn't made clear upon check-in.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

I stayed in the gold room and the staff and service couldn't have been better. The staff in the gold lounge were friendly, kind and generous. The snacks and drinks, early evening were perfect, so to was breakfast. My room was great but I did feel it was a bit business like and masculine in its decor. The spa and swimming pool area, especially the female changing rooms were better equipped with more feminine products and luxurious. As a tourist on holiday in Beijing you need alot of patience, time and energy to get around to see all the sites, so it was a welcome relief to return to the Fairmont and relax in the comfort and charm of the hotel. The location was interesting as there are some local residential areas that I liked to walk around and explore and after a shopping expedition to the silk market nearby, a gin and tonic in the gold lounge is the perfect way to recover! Would highly recommend the Fairmont.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank jhaym
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Stayed at Fairmont Beijing for 3 nights. The hotel itself is very nice, specially the interior. The exterior driveway and the drop off area could be bigger for easier to find... but that is my only minor comment. The rest of the hotel is very good, from front desk service, concierge, housekeeping, nice amenities, large suite sizes, good club house facilities, etc. We have a suite for our staying. The sitting area with an office desk and the bedroom are seperated with a sliding door. The sitting area has a half bathroom for possible guestes visit which it's very nice. Master bedroom is huge and a large Master bathroom with all marble floor and vinity top which is very luxury. Nice bed too!! Concierge is helpful for suggestion and reservation. The only thing can't comments is their food. We haven't tried any meal or breakfast at the hotel. Overall, it's a very great stay at the Fairmont Beijing and I definiately would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank 789Snow
FairmontBeijing, Manager at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Fairmont Beijing and for the positive comments about our hotel facilities and our service. I was especially pleased to hear that our concierge and front desk colleagues were helpful and we were able to make good recommendations during your stay.

I also noted your comment about the exterior driveway area, which can become busy from time to time, my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and hopefully you will have time to try our cuisine which has already won numerous local awards.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

While we've traveled quite extensively throughout the world, this was our first trip to China, and we could not have asked more out of this hotel. It was, hands down, one of the most comfortable welcoming hotels we've stayed at. From the extremely professional check in experience (despite it being midnight!), to the room service staff, to the concierge staff, everybody at the Fairmont was wonderful. The rooms were quite comfortable, and the turndown service was a nice welcome back after a long day in the city. The shower is also WONDERFUL.
The location of the hotel was great as well. Right down the block from the Silk Market. The proximity of the subway (which is the easiest way to get around Beijing) was also quite helpful.
We used their airport pickup service for our 11:30pm flight arrival. After the long flight and late arrival, it was really nice to have somebody meet us at the gate and escort us to the private loading area to just jump in our towncar and head to the hotel.
My only small gripe was the cost of their breakfast. The food was fine, but I felt far too overpriced. We didn't know the actual cost until we were presented with the bill. We didn't go back there after the first morning, as there are several bakeries in the area that offered tasty food and coffee at a fraction of the cost. Strange thing was though, that the other food costs (room service, bar drink/appetizer menu) were much more in alignment with what I would have expected.
Aside from that, I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anybody traveling to Beijing on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank russachini

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Fairmont Beijing and for the positive comments about our hotel facilities and our service. I was especially pleased to hear that you decided to try our limousine service from the gate of the plane directly to the hotel for check-in.

I also noted your comment about the cost of breakfast, we have recently surveyed the price of breakfast with the other luxury hotels in Beijing and our prices are favourable, our breakfast is comprehensive and does consist of a full western and asian breakfast. My apologies that you were not fully aware of the price before dining.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and make amends for the breakfast charge.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

We spent 3 nights at this hotel, in a Gold room. We couldn't have been more pleased. The room was beautiful, the service superb. It is a new hotel- about year old I think. The rooms and hells were elegant, quiet, and very clean. Rooms were luxurious, and the lounge more then worth the cost: superb breakfast and drinks in the evening. The only disappointment was the asian/ sushi restaurant on the first floor. Really, really overpriced and with bad sushi and unflattering lighting. We couldn't wait to leave.

Also beware that any guides that you arrange through the hotel will take you to "museums" which are thinly disguised stores with poor selections and high prices, in addition to the usual tourist locations. This isn't an issue with Fairmont, and is likely an issue with the official guide service.

The location is near the silk market. We walked around a bit, but Beijing isn;t much of a walking city compared to Shanghai, etc.

All in all, we were thrilled by our time at the Fairmont. We had stopped staying at Fairmont's after a bad experience with a tires one in Boston a few years ago, but we stayed at Fairmont in both Beijing and Shanghai and couldn't be happier. These ones, at least, were both in the same league as a Four Seasons at perhaps a better price.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gate95

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Fairmont Beijing and for the positive comments about our hotel facilities. I was especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in both Fairmont's in both Beijing and Shanghai.

I also noted your comment about the Sushi restaurant located in the 1st floor. Although this restaurant is located in our building complex, it is not actually managed by Fairmont, my apologies for your experience there and rest assured I have passed on your comments to the management company concerned. I was also disappointed to learn about the shops that were included in your tour arrangements, I have addressed this with our tour company.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

The Fairmont in Beijing is a new hotel located in a very central part of the city. It is just a 5minute taxi ride from Tianamen Sq. Although off of a major street the taxi drivers seem to not know where it is. Possibly because it is new. My room was especially spacious. It was deep with a sitting area and a glass enclosed bath. Shower had excellent fixtures and toiletries were all brand names. The bed was especially comfy and no smell of smokers unlike other 5star hotels in China that I have been to. Staff were well trained and took good care of us. Staying here was an extremely pleasant experience.

Hint - join the Fairmont club and get free wifi.

Other likes - the slippers provided were not the run of the mill cheapie slips.

Room Tip: Hire a taxi for the day to take you places.