“Very nice custard” 5 of 5 bubbles

86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“Very nice custard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Right next to a churrus shop, this places sells tubs of milk curd thst tastes like creamy custard flavoured with various things such as mango, red bean and oatmeal. You get a free ice tea as well, which has a very distinctive smokey flavour. I was not that keen but I was really impressed by the 'cheese' sold here, very yummy indeed.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 579 helpful votes
“Heavenly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2008

I literally stumbled upon this! Apparentlly, this Chinese cheese was only served to the imperial family during the Qing Dynasty!

I was walking along Nanluogu Lane (南锣鼓巷). And I saw this long queue. I simply joined in, not knowing where it leads me to. When the queue progressed into the shop, I then realised that the shop specialises in selling a kind of bean curd. Translated literally, it is "double skin milk". It is light and yummy! Check out the pictures. I had the red bean beancurd.

So much for my resolution to avoid milk products in China after the tainted milk scare.

Highly recommended!