“Outstanding pizza”

HuTong Pizza (HouHai GuanShan Pizza)
Ranked #187 of 12,627 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Houhai
New Delhi, India
“Outstanding pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

An excellent choice if you want a pizza fix. It serves the best pizza,s in Beijing ..order the pepperoni and Parma ham and forget the shrimp pizza. After a few days of chinese you need a fix of pizza. They also serve pasta and hamburgers. It's in a hutong in the busy lake side area. Although the local is in a bi street so watch out where to turn from. Small place so calling them for a table is a good idea. On weekend they don't book.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Beijing, China
“A Favourite place to eat in Hou Hai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We always head up the alley to Hutong Pizza when we visit Hou Hai. They cater well for adult groups and families. The pizza is huge and delicious! If you order white wine, it may not be cold so be prepared to add ice cubes.
A firm favourite!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Graving for non Chinese food ;)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We all love Chinese food, don't we ? But to be honest...sometimes, especially when u r a western guy, that pizza graving comes for sure...
Was checking reviews here and was quiete excited to get there. After 3 Taxi drivers refused to drive me there (I assume they don't know the way) I got on Beijing main railway station and I took me about 25 mins to get there (27 RMB) , I arrived and found my way to Hutong Pizza(after asking 3 more people for the way)... It is worth the long way, I'm telling you.

I love the fact that Hutong Pizza is still a hidden gem, nestled in a little courtyard, nice atmosphere.
I first walked into their kitchen, but the entrance is next door...the kitchen looked cleaned and organized.

Arrived there I seated outside in the courtyard, ordered a small pepperoni and black pepper pizza. And as all other reviews, YES !! Small pizzas are big and if you are very hungry it's enough. Or 2 girls can order 1 small pizza to share, it's more than enough. The pizza costs me 80 RMB, small Tsingtao beer 15 RMB. I waited 15 mins for the pizza to arrive.
I sprinkled a little grated Parmesan cheese on top, delicious !!!

The only negative thing is the service...poor English, and not really interested in their Guests...they can really improve, in case the owner reads my review, I will happily give you details and tips how to be better.

I will be back, the best pizza I had so far in china :)

• Visited April 2013
Nikiski, Alaska
“Holy handgrenade I loved this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

OK, I'm an American living in Asia so when I got to this place and they had parmesan cheese on the tables (just sitting there like it's normal) I sort of FREAKED OUT with joy.

And my joy continued through a yummy burger and awesome (square! so fun!) pizza!

The location is great, tucked away in some windy alleys. It feels like you discovered a hidden treasure when you get there. Indeed you have. =)

Sit up top to get a great view of the beautiful artwork on the roof beams of this old house.

I was there in winter so we sat inside but the outdoor area looks lovely too. Check out the cool old tourist map in the bathroom!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank AKgrown_goes_to_Indo
Singapore, Singapore
“Way Cool place and Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

After omni-present noodles, rice and eating anything that once crawled, walked, slithered or swam, it's nice to get some great straight forward pizza. The pizza is great, closer to American style than Italian, but still on a pizza scale it's a solid 8+. The restaurant is really tucked in and the entrance made us think it was closed. Once you walk in it's a beautiful little design with a fish pond, interesting decorations, and small tables. The pizza is prepared somewhere close by and delivered piping hot.

Kids thought it was the best restaurant of the vacation! Not easy to find, but it's in the middle of the Hutong by the main bridge. Then down one of the alleys one small block away across from the rickshaw stand. Good luck and happy eating!

• Visited April 2013