“So good I don't want you to come here”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dali Courtyard

Dali Courtyard
Ranked #21 of 12,625 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Yunnan
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Houhai
“So good I don't want you to come here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Fixed price and menu -- you eat what the chef decides to make that day. Multiple course of marvelous food. Try their special drink (just one) and enjoy the semi-open air dining in a traditional hutong. Get detailed directions as the taxi cannot drop you off by the door -- you'll have a short walk down a back alley to reach it.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Yohduh

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Hard to Find but Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

If you decide to go to this place, make sure you have accurate directions. It is tucked in off the main road down a hutong and was definitely not where google maps told me it was. Getting there was worth the trouble though, as the food was good. The food was a set menu and my friend and I received 7 different things that the kitchen had made. All of the dishes were interesting and uniquely created. I really enjoyed most of them quite a bit and I definitely had enough to eat by the time we were done. Pretty much as soon as we got there they were bringing the food to our table. The only thing is that they did not ask how we wanted our food done. I was under the impression they prepared some of their set dishes to order (spicier, milder, etc...) but I was not asked or told about this at the place. Maybe it was just my fault for not asking... Anyways, this is a great place and I will look to go back the next time I am in Beijing.

• Visited August 2012
Beijing, China
“Keep going back...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

The atmosphere is totally charming and the food is always great. Service is very good and they are always professiona.

Visited November 2011
Paramus, New Jersey
“For a taste of something local”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were here for lunch with our guide and let her order lots of small plates for us to try. The wok fried lemon leaves were like crunchy potato chips with a lot more flavor. The dried tofu noodles and beef had spices and flavors too complex to describe but delicious. Don't worry about the beef logs hanging on the tree in the courtyard. We ate some and it's an ancient way of making something like salami. The Dali beer was also terrific.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Michael P
Beijing, China
“Wonderful place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I've lived in beijing for 4 1/2 years and this week was the first time to Dali Courtyard. Actually twice! A perfect place to bring out of town guests. I found the food to be delicious and the staff very friendly to us each time. Tonight was a massive thunder and lightening storm with flooding rains so it was like one big party with the waiters outisde running around with no shoes, pants rolled up. I look forward to going back often!

• Visited July 2012