The hostel is cozy and has a really nice atmosphere in the lobby and cafe. However
1. The toilet was unbelievably dirty and not cleaned until we warned them to do so which was at least 24h after we arrived..
2. The four of us made one reservation for a four-bed bedroom, but we were placed in a six-bed bedroom, two in one room, one in another room and the fourth in yet another room.
3. The staff understands very little English. If you encounter any kind of a complex problem or have a more complex question (like „What does the tour include?“), there is a good chance you will leave the front desk without the problem being solved, but you being tired of explaining. There was one girl however, who worked at the front desk on the day we left, who spoke English very well and was very very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE DRUM - Specialist Capsule Hostel & Hotel All dorm beds are private capsules. Private rooms are 3 star hotel grade. Just 200 meters from subway lines 2 & 8, & Drum Tower. Great tours & very sociable pizza cafe/bar... The Drum "Hot-stel" combines hotel accommodation with new-concept dorm room design.Free wireless/wifi internet is available throughout and the entire hotel has central heating along with air-conditioning. * All private rooms newly renovated with secure key-card access, flatscreen TV, western toilet and 24 hour hot water shower. * All dorm rooms have been upgraded into separate V.I.P. capsule bunk beds with secure keycard access doors, offering complete privacy to every dorm guest * Ensuite single capsule-rooms available (1.7m height, 3-4m wide - with attached toilet & shower).Beijing's best option for those just looking for a cheap private space with washroom facilities. * Don't miss the rooftop viewing deck, with unbeatable views of the Drum & Bell Towers, or consider booking a spacious roof-garden room. * Relax in the comfortable lounge area on one the ikea sofas or Korean/Japanese-style tea rooms. (* The onsite sports cafe/bar provides a great meeting place for guests, offering a hearty selection of western cuisine, fresh coffee, draft beer and cocktails.) * Great Wall of China tours and more can be easily booked through reception. Reception also arranges ticket booking and laundry facilities. * Excellent location, just 200 meters from 2 major subway lines. Easy access to Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, Lama Temple, Silk Market, Olympic area, Embassy area, all major train stations, the airport and more.Beijing will be your oyster with the free Beijing subway & sites map. Bicycle rental available. * Locally, banks/ATMS, post office, 24 shop, pharmacy etc are all just a short walk away. Stroll down to the nearby historical Drum & Bell Towers, and explore the ancient hutong quarter around the picturesque houhai lake, lively both day and night. * The Drum "Hot-stel" welcomes all. For more information please read below and see the photograph section. You can also contact us direct: drumtower.nihao (gmail). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beijing Drum Tower Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.