All reviews central courtyard minute walk taxi driver subway station home away from home yogurt real beijing small alley charming hotel bed was very comfortable dumplings living room reception desk hutong chinese wall china
Reviewed December 5, 2018

It is a wonderful experience to live in Michael's House in Beijing for eight nights. It is quiet, safe, cosy, and family-like. All staff there are friendly and helpful. Location is convenient. Breakfast is good. I will return.

Room tip: Quiet and cosy
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank zmq7028
Reviewed December 3, 2018 via mobile

Really loved it here, friendly stuff always attending to your needs to ensure you feel like home. The girls at the reception and the housekeeping lady (Zhao is her last name) are especially nice and professional.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Brassballs
Reviewed November 11, 2018

Stayed at Michael's House over the weekend while visiting Beijing. In terms of location its within walking distance to 积水潭 subway (line 2), it takes about 15 mins. But prepare to take some time to find this hotel for its within a hutong in a small ally, our taxi driver had some difficulties finding the place. The place is clean, front desk very helpful. The room is a bit small but comfortable. Simple breakfast is included, not a lot of choice for food in the area, best eat before going back. Overall its good for its price.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank klgso
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

I arrived last night after over 24 hours of travel from Canada - and I cannot say enough about how wonderful the experience has already been. The staff came to meet the cab and walk me to the hotel, the bed was very comfortable, the room very clean , soft white fluffy towels and amazing staff. As I write this, I am enjoying a very satisfying breakfast in the courtyard, soft music playing, sounds of birds - very peaceful. Just what I needed before heading out to explore Beijing. I do know where I will be staying from now on when in Beijing!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank 552eijam
Reviewed August 28, 2018

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days and it was one of the best hotel experiences of my life! It is a converted hutong so it doesn't have that bleak, formulaic feel that other hotels in its price range do. Just look at the pictures! The staff was very friendly and helpful -- they even offered us an umbrella to use on rainy days when we were heading out to sight-see. The room was impeccably clean and comfy, and the location is great as well -- lots of restaurants and a few corner stores nearby, and the closest subway entrance is about a 5 minute walk away. They will call you a taxi to the airport if you want as well, though we just took the subway there on our last day. Michael's House is very unique and definitely worth a stay! I hope to come back again soon.

Date of stay: August 2018