“Wall of China-magnificient”

$35.00*
Self-Guided Private Tour: Jiankou Great Wall from Beijing
Ranked #29 of 127 Outdoor Activities in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: we are a Great Wall hike tour operator based in Beijing and have trekked extensively to authentic Ming Dynasty Great Wall, and mountains in China.We specialize in access to off-limits places, steer you away from the tourist traps, tailor fresh experiences for any personality and specific interests.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The wall is unbelievable! It takes your breadth away. Unfortunately because of the holiday rush we reached late and had only two hours to enjoy the climb. We managed a few points to climb but it was amazing and would love to go back and climb more. Just as others have said, in some places the climb is steep and is not for the faint hearted or people who have heart diseases. As recommended take lots of bottled water and also note that you have to climb or go back so please keep plenty of time before darkness sets in. Good time to enjoy is to go early morning so that you will have plenty of time to climb and take a rest and climb again. it is a must place to visit.

3  Thank salimaki
There are newer reviews for Hiking the Wall - Day Tours

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Mao Zedong once said "Who never climbed the Great Wall cannot be deemed a Man". This world wonder was on my list since I was in High School. It took almost 40 years to achieve this dream and it's worth the wait! The climb was tough because of the uneven steps and at some point very steep. Bring extra batteries for your cameras and additional SD cards. Every moment ... every step counts!!! Enjoy!

4  Thank inspire8
Reviewed January 2, 2014

What a journey! Climbed the Great Wall was really an unforgettable memory. I climbed only 300 steps, but I already became exhausted. That made me sweat in a cold weather!
I forgot the tower I started the hike.
Climbing the great wall is really a journey of a lifetime! Don't miss it!

2  Thank Erma72
Reviewed January 2, 2014

It has been on my bucket list for many years and I managed to climb it this past November. Yes you do have to be very careful of the steps. They are different heights and slope in every I other direction. I did slip and started to fall when, fortunately one of our group caught my arm and swung me around so that I sat down on the step. If they had not done that, I think I would have a few broken bones, and only if I had been lucky, it was a long fall otherwise.

2  Thank gjs4446
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Loved the Great Wall but when a guide takes you to an attraction in China they then take you to one of their Government venues to purchase goods eg Jade, tea, silk, medical pills etc.

When we picked out an item at the jade factory (a 4 generation ball), and when we went to pay for it they wrap it up for you in bubble wrap so you can take it back to Australia. Then because it is wrapped up so well we didn't unwrap it until we got back to Australia to discover that the one we brought home was not the one we paid for. The one we brought home was unfinished with faults. So this made us very mad as they swapped them at the counter of the factory. We paid about $100 Aussie for it so we are not happy.

6  Thank anniewaters