“Nice atmosphere!! Great meal!!”

Haidilao Hot Pot(Mudanyuan)
Ranked #68 of 12,772 Restaurants in Beijing
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Asian Games Village
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Dined here with friends and we had a great time. The atmosphere in this restaurant is vibrant, busy and friendly. The service is superb. We waited for about an hour and half, but we did not feel it because we were given lots of snacks and games to play. Our games were so much fun that time flew. I think people come here for everything – the snacks, games, manicure, and the delicious food. The food is fresh and delicious. I will come back when I visit Beijing again.

1  Thank FabGlobetrotter03

Reviewed May 24, 2013

MAKE A RESERVATION A WEEK IN ADVANCE!
This place will become packed for the dinner rush and without a reservation, you could end up waiting for a long while.

We booked a week early for a VIP birthday dinner for me, the total after 3 servings of Mongonlian Lamb, 2 Beef, Countless Fish and Shrimp, Vegetables, Mushrooms, beef and mutton and 3 differnt hot pot soups for 13 people came to 892 Yuan. They also gave us a noodle making show which was entertaining and the room had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY sign. The service was friendly and very fast. They waiters were full of smiles and quick to respond to us.

The food itself was worth the value, normally beef shanks can be dry and the soups too oily. Not at this place! Granted this isn't your 40 USD a slice hot pot, this is your 40 YUAN hot pot place.
Expensive for Chinese people, okay for the causal tourist.

Con- Rooms are small, and wih 13 people we were still bumping into eachother, but wellfed guests do not mind!

It is also close to line 10 and right across from the bus station for MuDanYuan North. (MuDanYuan Bei)

1  Thank bleeble
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time we tried hot pot and we will probably do it again. The staff was very helpful, knew a bit English and assisted us when we (obviously) didn't know how to properly do everything.
Tip: don't order too much. Order more by hand instead. 4 dishes plus vegetables in enough for two persons. One dish is approx Y30 to Y50.
Trip Advisor might have the wrong location. This is a chain of restaurants, so there are several in Beijing. We went to the one on 88 Wang Fu Jing Da Jie in Dong Cheng. It's on the eighth floor in a mall.

4  Thank Tomas E
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had a large group (25 people) and it took forever to get our table. Apart from that, the meal was great. Good food, lots of food and cheap. Came up to U$300 for the entire party, meal and beers included. It wasn't a traditional Beijing style hotpot, but our group (all Canadians) loved it. Good selection of dipping sauces. Staff does not speak any English but we somehow managed! Closeby (walking distance) to Sanlitun bar area.

1  Thank pammyvancouver
Reviewed May 9, 2013

From the moment I landed in Beijing, people were recommending Haidilao restaurant to me. It was just as good, or even better than they told me. personally, my experience wasn't the best, because I somehow managed to burn my hand, but the employees there were right on the ball with burn cream to help. The food was great and the ambiance was really entertaining. I would definitely recommend this Hot Pot joint to anyone.

1  Thank AliciaAdorada