“nice place to rest but dont go there while hungry”

BeiJing Sculpting In Time Coffee (XiangShan)
Ranked #65 of 82 Coffee & Tea in Beijing
Neighborhood: Fragrance Hill / Badachu Park
Neighborhood: Fragrance Hill / Badachu Park
madrid
“nice place to rest but dont go there while hungry”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have been to three different branches in Beijing. They are all comfortable, lots of wood, chairs, studenty types working on (mostly) Apple laptops. Nice ambiance, pleasant staff. Sometimes they have notebooks etc for sale and I bought my favorite coffee cup there.

Good coffee, nice (clean) western type sandwiches.

I strongly recommend you do not order food unless you are planning tp spend an hour there. Food delivery, even simple sandwiches basically takes three times longer than it should. Sometimes I think they accumulate perhaps 30 food orders and then call in their staff.

On my last four visits: I ended up pleading with the staff twice to deliver the food, and once walking out after 40 minutes. On my last I ordered a slice of apple pie which came immediately (I had worried they might go out and purchase the apples etc etc.

Still food is always good, it is clean nice, and comfortable, a good spot to take a break while shopping.

• Visited March 2012

Singapore
“Loved the ambience: Courtyard cafe at Fragrance Hills”
Reviewed October 21, 2008

Here's a place to spend your time sipping tea at the courtyard (with good weather). I love it for the following reasons :

1. You have no idea you are in China
2. The chubby tabby cat looks like Garfield
3. For the Royal high tea, they offer lavender cookies.
4. You can literally spend the whole day chilling out here.

Food include
1. Italian-style coffees such as espresso, cappuccino and latte. 2. Pasta with bacon, tuna or cheese are available for hungry.
3. Cakes such as cheesecake, tiramisu, blueberry cake, and muffins.

Been to BeiJing Sculpting In Time Coffee (XiangShan)? Share your experiences!