“The highlight of my stay in Beijing!”

Bike Beijing - Day Tour
Ranked #12 of 132 Outdoor Activities in Beijing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore Beijing, and Greater Beijing in a unique, and exhilarating way; from the seat of a bike! Traveling by bike offers a healthy, environmentally friendly, convenient, economical, safe and fun means of travel, transportation and recreation. Whether it be through Beijing's famous hutongs, or through the majestic mountiains of the Great Wall, Bike Beijing offers a fun, safe, and quality bike touring experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I just recently started biking at home, and would have never considered a bike tour in the past. But I had a free day in between work meetings, and I really wanted to explore the Hutong area, and I thought it would be quite an accomplishment if I could navigate the streets of Beijing on a bike. So I booked the tour. I received confirmation of my booking very shortly afterwards. Finding the office was fairly easy in the taxi due to the photo of the sign above the shop and the reference to a park nearby. I was a bit early, so they arranged for me to start off right away (instead of having to wait 30 min for my official start time, very nice!) with a private guide, which was another treat. Alex was his name and he was a great guide. I learned a lot, he watched me closely to make sure I didn't get into any trouble, and what I thought was a wonderful bonus, he took pictures of me (some were "action shots" while I was actually riding my bike!) and then the company e-mailed them to me about a week later. That was a really nice extra touch. We were offered a helmet if we wanted one--I chose to wear one just in case, and a bottle of water. At the end of the tour, we got a nice souveneir bicycle key ring. I can't recommend this experience highly enough. Thank you Bike Beijing!

1  Thank 2006world_traveler!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I got the bike tour around the great wall. Alan, my guide was hilarious and spoke with perfect english. He gave me so much historical information during the day which really added to the experience. The Wall was completely free of people and stretched out to the horizon over hills and down valleys. The bike was good. The trout we ate for lunch was so taste. The tour is a bit pricey but it's the full package and you get a professional friendly experience. I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Nick1234Hansen
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We spent a day cycling (and ringing our bells) through the streets of Beijing with Alan from Bike Beijing - visiting The Summer Palace, Bird's Nest, and coasting through the Hutongs. It was a fabulous day. Alan was a wealth of knowledge about the sites and history. We had a fabulous lunch and felt like locals!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Excellent way to see the Great Wall. Really more hiking than biking, but the Great Wall was almost exclusively ours. Only saw 5 other people in 4 hours. A great way to see the wall without the crowds of closer more popular Wall tourist site. Fabulous local food at a local restaurant.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I asked for a ride to a specific area and that is exactly what I got thanks to Alan. So great flexibility was shown which is not always the case. And this is the best way to see anywhere, especially Beijing. You see and hear so much more and pick up the tempo of the City more easily. I am delighted to recommend these bike tours.