I was a bit anxious about booking this hotel, as a few reviews rated it poorly. I can only assume they had a dodgy pint, or something, as I think it is everything it sets out to be.
The staff are very friendly, and really try to help. The spoken English is limited to a few staff members, but I strongly believe it's my problem, not theirs!
The rooms are clean; the maids do a great job very thoroughly; they even retrieved my old toothbrush that I threw away and left it on the side for me!! (I threw it away again, and they left it that time...) There is tea and coffee making facility, and shower gel of a good quality provided, as well as new toothbrushes, combs, soap etc. Towels have been changed every day, despite my green efforts at hanging them back up; they also change the duvet cover every couple of nights.
The hotel has free wireless internet access in all rooms as well as the lobby, and it is good enough to support Apple's Facetime calling, so I think that is a real bonus. The room itself is fine; some have reported their room being bordering on 'tired' and I can see their point, but it hasn't worried me, especially. Will need updating in the next couple of years I guess.
My only criticism would be that the breakfast choices are pretty limited, but generous in quantity and what IS available is perfectly acceptable quality.
I am attending the ICS annual conference at the CNCC. In an ideal world, I would pay the £190 per night and stay at the Intercontinental...but at £35 per night this is great value. It is about 20-30 minutes walk up through Olympic Park to CNCC, but the subway is 3 minutes walk, and is better than London's tube, and CHEAP!! (Try 20p for any journey!! I bought the travel card to swipe in like London's Oyster card, rather than buy a ticket each time. That costs £2 refundable deposit, and then 20p per journey of any length). You can easily get the subway to the centre of town, to see the sights, and to get the Airport Express. That said, a taxi from the airport cost £38 with 4 suitcases and 2 adults, so I thought that was better than struggling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun is located in the heart of bustling Zhongguancun, Often referred to as China's Silicon Valley.The hotel neighbors a number of multi-national enterprises,scientific institution, art galleries and renowned universities.The Beijing subway is 5 minutes walk from the hotel, only ten-minutes drive from Shangdi Hi-tech;while Beijing International Airport is 40 minutes drive by car.Just a short distance away stands the majestic sights of Yuanmingyuan Ruins Park and the Summer Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Beijing Minzuyuan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Beijing Minzuyuan Hotel Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn Express