“Best choice in the BDA by default”

Pullman Beijing South
Ranked #136 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The best place to stay in the BDA but it is not up to international Pullman standards. Bad things first: The service is average and always misses some little thing: A wrong key card, wrong food order, no toiletries in bathroom, etc. There is always something off and it does start to annoy one when it happens every single time. The room service menu is average. I think the breakfast and dinner options are below average and not worth the prices. They've also gone down hill in quality over the last couple of years. Good things: Terrific beds and good enough room make up for it. Besides the food and frustrating service, the bed really is the game changer and makes up for the negative things.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor member,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your comments for they will help us improve our service.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and specially our bed. At Pullman we are very proud of our titanium mattress beds and comfortable memory foam pillows.

On the other side, I would like to apologize for those missing points you referred to. We are constantly training our staff and we hope we can achieve our guests’ satisfaction in all areas; and I hope you can give us the chance to serve you better in the future.

All the best.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during Xmas week 2012 for business. It is located at BDA far from city but near to my office as comparison. I enjoy the quality service, breakfast and shuttle bus that bring my every day to office departing 8.30am. Exit from hotel go left walk about 5 mins you can find a good Chinese+Western restaurant and also a bad cook Japanese restaurant. I would say there is nothing much if you walk out from the hotel for this moment but opposite there are many building almost build up. Most in near future there are some restaurant we can go. Otherwise can take taxi to near by area Shanghai Salong where there are many restaurants. Walking to train station not near, about 15min. If the weather extremely cold you will suffer in coldness. There are few problem I think this hotel need to improve: (1) Very slow internet connection in room, wireless only available in lobby. I download 4MB email require 30mins which is no acceptable. (2) In their brochure map ask from front desk, it stated all rooms were cover with wireless internet, this is not true and misleading. Maybe in future but I have been staying this hotel past 2 years still no wireless internet in room. (3) In room they gave 2 small bottles 350ML drinking water. They place a label these 2 bottles are free but any request additional will charge RMB 5 per bottle. I have been staying in other hotels in China as well as other countries. This is the first time I see this hotel so desperate for money. During my stay is winter time and it is very dry in hotel room as heater is on to keep us warm. We had to drink plenty of water. Water from tap is not drinkable even boil as you will see a layer of oil. So this is the way the hotel make extra money from small thing which I do not agree.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Sir,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Pullman Beijing South. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests.

I would like to apologize for the misinformation in our brochure. At the moment we offer free wired internet connections in all rooms, but we also provide WIFI routers to any guest who requires this service. You can contact the Guest Service Center at any time to request a router at no cost.

Free WIFI access is available in all public areas, including the Lobby, Conference Rooms, Restaurants and Executive Lounge on the 18th Floor, and we are also working on improving the strength of the signal because we are aware of the limited access in high-occupancy days. For this, I am truly sorry.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Important consumer info: This hotel is in the BDA (Beijing Development Area), so convenient if you are going to an office in the BDA, but not convenient at all if you go somewhere else, or if dinner in town is part of your agenda. Getting a taxi from town back to the BDA is a real pain - many drivers plainly refuse, some do not know, and no driver is willing to take you at the metered rate so you have to negotiate something (I've ended up around 200 RMB). I have not had problems getting a taxi from the hotel. The free shuttle is OK, but slow since it does a grand tour of the BDA. There are some Chinese restaurants in the area, some not too bad.

That said, if you go to the BDA and know about this, then this hotel offers good value. Rooms are good, but I've had issues with not getting them cool enough at night, even in winter. Breakfast is OK, but in no way great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear Mr. Egilk,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Pullman Beijing South.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I will share your comments with our team.

I am really sorry that you found it difficult to get a taxi from downtown to our hotel, but rest assured that we are taking the apporpriate measures to address the matter, such as improving our free shuttle bus service from and to Beijing City Center.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and it is our hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Lazaro Perez Cruz
Quality and Attitude Manager
010-87228888

Reviewed December 11, 2012

For the BDA industry area, great location, can walk to the office. Hotel restaurants are good but very expensive. Close by (~2km) couple of very cheap and tasty Chinese restaurants, but a bit hard to find. The only thing I miss is bicycles, because with those it would be very easy to drive around and find those great local restaurants. For the shopping this is a bit far, but you can always get a taxi in front of the hotel and the only problem is to get back. Patience and good hotel address in Chinese characters helps a lot. Can recommend this hotel for the business purposes.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
PullmanBeijingSouth, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Beijing South. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Lazaro Perez Cruz
Quality and Attitude Manager

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is the second time I stayed at the Pullman South hotel. The service was excellent and I found the staff to be every helpful. The chefs were willing to prepare any requested meal. A must stay if you are on business in the BDA zone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It is a business hotel. There is nothing interesting around it, so do not stay here unless you are coming to visit someone in the BDA zone, as it is far from the city. That said, the staff is decently nice (not the hospitality you will encounter in the city center large hotel chains), there are decent facilities, and 3 restaurants to choose from (western buffet, japanese and chinese), plus a nice bar. The value for the price is quite high.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We recently visited Beijing on a package tour from HK! Our hotel Pullman South was miles away from anywhere - every morning it took the tour bus 1 1/2 to get to all the sites!! Hotel itself is OK! Staff are helpful but not too fluent in English - rooms are strangely designed with a big glass between the bathroom & bedroom - if 2 friends are sharing then it is very awkward when one is using the shower or loo!! If anyone wants to spend time going out in the evening for a drink then this is not the hotel for you as no taxi driver is willing to drive you back from town!!

Room Tip: Too far away from town!! Worst f all no taxi is willing to take you back in the evening after dinne...