“Perfect stay”

Ranked #28 of 6,522 Hotels in Beijing
Rome, Italy
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Good services, perfect room, very spacious and elegant.
Internet connection very expensive

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Placitas, New Mexico
Reviewed July 1, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Marriott City Wall in May as part of a tour. The hotel is beautiful; rooms are spacious, with sophisticated decor. The buffet breakfast is bountiful and varied, with a great selection of eastern and western choices.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelin_Bear
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I used points for this hotel, and as a Platinum Reward Member, check in for me was on the elite floor. (That was different for me, but it also meant that I didn't have any issues checking in that some of the other posters had). Check in was immediate and the lady's English was excellent. She understood that I needed a room that could accommodate my mother, sister and myself. My last trip to China, this was done at the Ritz with a King bed and 1 roll-a-way bed. The staff said she had a room with two king size beds. I doubted her English until we got into the room, and in fact, there were TWO King size beds. (Another thing that I have never seen before in all of my travels). This met our needs perfectly.
My sister asked about buying a Chi Pow, and the woman spent time on the Internet looking it up, and even remembered what room my sister had checked into to call her later when she found the best location to have one made, the address, telephone, and hours of operation.
Again, due to my status, we were allowed to use the Concierge club lounge which was also amazing. The evening hors d'oeuvres were heavy enough to serve as dinner, and the alcohol was free. Breakfast the next morning was very full with an omelet station, cereal, breads, cheese, salad and Chinese dim sum.
We only spent two nights at the hotel due to a full schedule of sightseeing, but it was a great sleeping experience. AND... would have been my best, but we left Beijing, and when we came back for our last night, I enjoyed the Renaissance City Center better simply because of the view from their club lounge. But because of the two King Size beds and the amazing staff and service at the Concierge Lounge, I would certainly visit this hotel again!
The location is within walking distance of one of the train stations, and I suspect that is what one poster wrote having to drive around the hotel. It wasn't in circles, but we did have to pass it to U turn back on the one way street. Because of the high traffic area, they have the road blocked off in the center to avoid cars from the other lane to turn across the opposite lane. You will have to drive to an intersection and circle back. But this didn't take much time.
Also - they do not have Free Internet for their Platinum & Gold members here. She said it was only North America that did that.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Beautiful hotel, very friendly staff, very comfortable rooms. Hotel restaurants were expensive, except for the dim sum lunch at Pearl. Would have been helpful if we spoke Chinese here. Concierge answered every question and set up a great driver to Mutianyu and a wonderful trout restaurant in that vicinity.

Charged by the minute for slow internet use in the business center! It cost almost $12 to print out boarding passes.

• Stayed June 2010
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Stayed 4 nights post Princess cruise and we were among the first to arrive at the check-in area around noon. However, we were told we had to wait for our room to be "made up" so after waiting in the lobby 2 hours I finally went to the reception manager and complained. He apologised and immediately whisked us to an upgraded executive room. The upgrade included the access to the Exec.lounge where we had complimentary snacks and drinks each night. We had booked a rate including buffet breakfast and an additional daily credit to be applied for beverages/food - but I was not aware until the second day that if the credit was not used daily - it was forfeited. Seeing that we were happy with the upgrade, the service and our room I decided not to fuss about the forfeiture. The evenings were quiet and after several busy days of sightseeing we enjoyed eating dinner in the hotel restaurants. However, the mornings were a complete mad house. There were numerous visitors from the far east breakfasting in the buffet (which offered a fabulous array of choices). The tourists were grabbing the food using their hands and stuffing it into their travel bags, the restaurant was chaotic, very noisy due to children running about with food in their fists - shouting and screaming while the parents seemed oblivious. I commented to the waiters who seemed to think it was business as usual. Consequently, we rescheduled our day to avoid the buffet during peak hours and tried to steer clear of the offenders. We paid a very reasonable rate - about half what the Princess tours were charging, but I had spent some serious time checking Marriott's online booking site to secure the best deals prior to arriving in Beijing. I and rebooked twice when deals got better as time went on. I knew I wanted to stay at Marriott so it was easy to keep checking for price changes I would highly recommend this one for excellent value and service i.e. They delivered an enormous breakfast cart with a beautiful selection of breakfast items, fruit, coffee and juices to our room at 4:00am the morning we left, unfortunately we had to dash off for the early flight and couldn't linger over it. Nice finish to the stay I thought.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mrsbarksby
Burlingame
Reviewed May 19, 2010

This hotel is located near all the best shopping area's (Pearl Market, etc) and all the restaurants around the Transit Center. The decor is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are huge and extremely comfortable---the best bed ever! The bathrooms offer separate bathtubs and showers with marble on every inch. There is a desk with enough space to lay out all your work and you can print right from your room. The restaurants and lounge areas are decorated beautifully and offer many varieties of foods. Overall, this is one of the best hotels in which I've stayed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 12, 2010

After reading the details on Marriott's website i got attracted and thought why not. But overall experience did not match my expectations. The hotel sheer structure is probably its downside because when we reached at the hotel, it looked like a mall with flood of ppl. Check-in service was average and though i asked for high floor room in my request online, i really did think the receptionist knew such requests exist on Marriott website. She was just interested in the confirmation number. Rooms were well decorated but some settings were weird. The writing pads had scribbling of a pen probably from a previous guest and the bathroom did not have shower gel. These things really matter particularly if you are staying a brand like Marriott and that too in Beijing. Yes the amount of restaurants and the bar were the only highlights. The English of the staff was average again in a city like Beijing and at Marriott you expect these minimum standards. And i got surprised that the spa was closed on a public holiday.........I would rather try something else when i will be in Beijing next time.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family