“Excellent location and services”

Beijing Marriott Hotel City Wall
Ranked #42 of 6,462 Hotels in Beijing
Colorado Springs
“Excellent location and services”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed three nights last month (February 2014) as part of a tour. It certainly is deserving of its 5-star rating. We found nothing negative. The breakfast buffet is super with both Western and Chinese offerings with enough variety that we didn't feel we had to eat the same things each morning. Everything from steamed vegetables to fresh fruits. An ATM is in the hotel. The staff were friendly and readily broke down the larger bills.
LOCATION: Excellent for us as we took a free day to explore. The subway station is just one longish block North of the hotel. The station is at the junction of two lines so transfers at other stations are minimized or eliminated. HINT: When traveling, carry a small compass so you know which way you are facing, especially at night or new surroundings. The subway is clean, fast, frequent, and inexpensive (about USD $0.33 per ride) and at times may be crowded (caveat: protect against pickpockets although we had no trouble). The subway stations are near many sites of interest -- just check the map. CAUTION: When we researched the hotel's location on the usual internet maps, it appeared to be South of the railroad tracks/station and a bit of a walk to a subway station. Actually it is North of the station ... our room was quiet and we didn't hear the trains in our room or other areas we visited in the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dlanor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This is by far the nicest Marriott I have stayed in! I'm not sure how old it is but it feels brand new! The staff is so kind and always willing to help:) the rooms are huge compared to normal hotel rooms in china & their fitness/spa area is to die for! If you like to workout or just relax in the steam room, whirl pool, ect this is the place for you! It is also very close to everything & it's literally a block away from the subway! If I ever return to Beijing I will defiantly be staying here again!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Mbbroyles
Shanghai, China
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I visited this hotel with my family. what impress me a lot is the kinded waitress there. I have a 1 year boy together with me. each time when I have meals, he always be the trouble. But in the exicutive lounge, the kinde waitress help us a lot. she provided her warm and kindness.
PS, the Lobby of this hotel is so good that my boy like it very much.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Really enjoyed this hotel, including the spa, rooms, service, and bed. The pool was lovely, and although I ordered a massage in the room through a different place recommended from a friend, the prices for the hotel massage were quite reasonable. We did not try room service or the bar, as the prices were quite high. Instead, there was a CVS in the hotel that had super cheap beer, wine, and snacks! We had breakfast each day, which was a nice Western set up. The beds were super comfy as well, and the service by all staff friendly and accommodating. My only complaint was that when turning on the air or heat, a horrible smoggy smell filled the room. I am not sure if outside air was filtering in, or if the air filter was terribly dirty. Either way, it was enough to choke me in the middle of the night and force us to keep both the air and heat off. Location was ok, but quite a distance from everything that we wanted to see but was ok since we were on a tour with a coach. Other than that, the hotel was wonderful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie G
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was in Beijing for 4 days from 8th to 13th of March'14 & stayed at Marriot the wall city.
The stay was wonderful & the food was awesome.
The hotel is located at a very convenient location & from check in to check out everything is managed so well. They also have a good executive lounge facility for the deluxe room guests.
Beijing sub rail is at walking distance from the hotel & is very convenient to move around.

Anil

Room Tip: Room in Deluxe tower are better & are with the lounge facility.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing. I stayed in tower b for two nights. I can't say anything bad about it. The room was large, the bed was super comfy and big. The location is unbeatable. The breakfast was great, the service was first rate. The next time I stay in Beijing will be at this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Bryn69
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in April 2013 for vacation. The hotel was of good quality and had high standards typical of Marriott Hotels. The rooms were spacious, clean, modern and comfortable. The breakfast food was great. The hotel staff was also very professional and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo