“Comfortable Stay in Beijing”

Beijing Marriott Hotel City Wall
Ranked #33 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Really enjoyed this hotel, including the spa, rooms, service, and bed. The pool was lovely, and although I ordered a massage in the room through a different place recommended from a friend, the prices for the hotel massage were quite reasonable. We did not try room service or the bar, as the prices were quite high. Instead, there was a CVS in the hotel that had super cheap beer, wine, and snacks! We had breakfast each day, which was a nice Western set up. The beds were super comfy as well, and the service by all staff friendly and accommodating. My only complaint was that when turning on the air or heat, a horrible smoggy smell filled the room. I am not sure if outside air was filtering in, or if the air filter was terribly dirty. Either way, it was enough to choke me in the middle of the night and force us to keep both the air and heat off. Location was ok, but quite a distance from everything that we wanted to see but was ok since we were on a tour with a coach. Other than that, the hotel was wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie G
There are newer reviews for Beijing Marriott Hotel City Wall

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was in Beijing for 4 days from 8th to 13th of March'14 & stayed at Marriot the wall city.
The stay was wonderful & the food was awesome.
The hotel is located at a very convenient location & from check in to check out everything is managed so well. They also have a good executive lounge facility for the deluxe room guests.
Beijing sub rail is at walking distance from the hotel & is very convenient to move around.

Anil

Room Tip: Room in Deluxe tower are better & are with the lounge facility.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing. I stayed in tower b for two nights. I can't say anything bad about it. The room was large, the bed was super comfy and big. The location is unbeatable. The breakfast was great, the service was first rate. The next time I stay in Beijing will be at this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Bryn69
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in April 2013 for vacation. The hotel was of good quality and had high standards typical of Marriott Hotels. The rooms were spacious, clean, modern and comfortable. The breakfast food was great. The hotel staff was also very professional and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in Dec. The room was too hot. It was about 85-90 F . When I called to report that the air conditioning was not working I was told that only heating was working and I could open the windows. When I tried to do that all the bad smog and fumes came in and could not breathe properly. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
TalisaJi, Public Relations Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel City Wall, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear mjay1989,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay, and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I have reviewed the issue with our Director of Engineering. I assure you that we will do all we can to ensure that future guests do not share a similar experience. It is our goal to provide every guest with an exceptional stay, and your candid feedback will help us achieve that goal.

Your patronage is very important to us, and I hope that you will give us an opportunity to regain your confidence. If your travels bring you back to our area, I would request that you contact me prior to your arrival so that I may personally make every effort to ensure your stay is pleasant.

Best Regards

Talisa Ji
Marketing Communications Manager
Beijing Marriott Hotel City Wall

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel is great. The rooms are nice but the service is spectacular. The staff is very pleasant and in a day they knew our names. The restaurants are also very nice. We specifically enjoyed their Chinese restaurant. Would recommend the hotel for all.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Arun S
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Outstanding Marriot style. Stayed in the hotel during Chinese New Year , service is still maintained as usual in high peak season. Bedding is comfortable, room is big enough^^ Take your time to explore in the hotel, believe that you must have fun.

Stayed: February 2014