“Nice Hotel, good price good location nice service”

Best Western Grandsky Hotel Beijing
Ranked #1,760 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Hong Kong, China
“Nice Hotel, good price good location nice service”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here last year 2012 they offer nice rooms abit small. Obviously its near the airport, had a nice lunch there and good room service food. Use the internet service in the business center which was ok. The breakfast was delightful and the restaurant was great. The service during check-in was very quick efficient and friendly. All in all a good midscale business hotel, which is hard to find, that offers great value the competitive pricing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently spent 4 nights at this hotel and found it to be a reasonably priced hotel that was only a 10-15 minute walk to the exhibition centre and 10 minute taxi to the airport. It's nothing fancy, but gets the job done at about $100.00 USD per night. The room was clean and comfortable. I used the dry cleaning service and my shirts were back within 24 hours and nicely done.the lobby cafeteria serves a buffet breakfast which is alot better than many I have experienced in China. Once they got to know that our group drank alot of coffeee at breakfast, they put extra pots on when they saw us come down in the mornings.The restaurant in the hotel was very nice and served traditional dishes as wel as some western offerings. Check out was slow (10-15 minutes), so budget for that if you are heading to the airport in a hurry. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Camdenton, Missouri
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel has two things going for it. Close to Airport and Close to exhibition center.

My reservation was lost in the system upon arrival, and it took over 30 minutes to get checked in. I had a confirmation email printed out but that didn't seem to help (booked directly on Best Western sight, not Agoda. The staff is comparable to most 2 star Chinese hotels and not on par for an international hotel. I actually have received better service at IBIS and Holiday Inn Express's in China which are considered budget international hotels. For the price it was a bit disappointing.

The rooms were decent and clean.

I travel about 200 nights per year in China.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Joe M
Ellon, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

It was snowing and freezing weather but this hotel had no heating on! I had to sleep fully clothed in order to keep warm.
At breakfast, the plates the cups and even the food was cold.
I Will never stay here ever again

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank brymills
chaska
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I travel a lot and expect a certain standard of hotel so use American chains
The bed was comfortable and the bathroom OK but the room was dirty, the cupboards were dusty the worktops were dusty and the vacuum cleaner did not pick up dirt and hair. The carpet was filthy. I asked them to vacuum and they did, it did pick up the surface stuff but the carpet was engrained with dirt and black hairs . The carpet needs to be replaced with a decent vacuum cleaner whioch is used very day !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Marietta, GA
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a 6:40 am flight back to the US from Beijing so we transferred from our downtown hotel to this airport property the night before we were leaving so as to be very close to the airport. The location is in an industrial area next to the airport (there are many other airport hotels in the area). It is very modern and clean. The staff was delightful, and wanted to make sure that we not only had the 3:15 wake-up call, but also made sure that we had a 4 am shuttle bus ride to our terminal (complimentary).

The room was very clean and modern, with plenty of outlets for charging items, and wired internet was available. The only drawback we saw, was that the room lights were not very bright, and there were not any traditional bedside lamps for reading. We loved the shower/bath combo room.

The hotel has two placed to eat, one a very high end Beijing Duck place which we did not eat in, the other was a normal hotel place. If you are craving western food, then this will not disappoint. My wife order the Toasted Cheese bread ( a grilled cheese sandwich), which came with a very nice house salad. I had the Garden salad. Both were very good.

We received our wake up call on time and they had a bellmen help us get into the shuttle. The ride to the airport is about 5 minutes.

Again, we made the hotel switch because we were not confident we would get to the airport on time from downtown at the early morning hour we needed. We are very happy that we did this, since Beijing had one of its worst smog days, and the roads were hard to use due to not being able to see very far ahead.

The price was very good well under what we paid in town,

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking floor and room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EastCobbFamily
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have read some of the negative reviews here.

Personally I didnt see any issue with this hostel. It is exactly what it is meant to be - a simple and quiet transit hotel. I checked in at 5 pm and stayed till next morning 430 am to catch a 6 am flight.
The room was average size but quiet with a good bed and a pretty decent shower area. For 12 hours what more can you ask for. The staff at the reception was more than helpful. They arranged the free shuttle for me at 4 in the morning and also helped me book a taxi for a dinner reservation in the city that I had made them make for me. Their english wasnt the best but managable. I am not one of those people who goes into someone else's country and expects them to speak my language with a great degree of proficiency.

Anyway - for a 12 hour stay I paid 350 yaun which I thought was a great deal. 10 mins to the airport. Good shower - good bed. Quiet sleep. Couldnt ask for more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo